2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been one of James's biggest supporters on here in this spat. Throughout, I have consistently agreed that he doesn't it into the manager's tactics. I have stated numerous times that the managers tactics fits the profile of the current group of players that we have. I have said that it would be wrong to build the team around James the way that Carlo did, and that he could only expect a limited amount of game time, mainly from the bench. I have expressed an opinion that this limited game time would probably suit the player because of the injury issues he obviously has. I have agreed that it would have been best had he been sold in the window, provided we brought in somebody to replace him in the squad. When the window closed I said he had to get himself fit and the manager had to find a way to get him into the match day squad. I said that to get rid of him then would be pure stupidity because we would undoubtedly be covering a huge amount of his wages plus our squad is incredibly thin from an attacking perspective. The vast majority of James supporters in here have basically been saying exactly the same as me. Where we may differ is I believe our manager is pragmatic enough to understand that he needs to find a role for James now that he is here. Most believe that he won't as he holds a grudge against him. But tell me whether you think the above is cultish. As far as I'm concerned the stance I've taken is perfectly reasonable, but I'd appreciate your input as a neutral.

The reason that myself and so many others are having to post in here so frequently in his defence is because there is a group of around 10 posters who are trying to demonise him. They want him out of the club at any cost irrespective of the effect that has on the squad/team, and are inventing issues and problems that don't even exist to justify their statements. They are delivering character assassinations with very little evidence to support them. Some of the posts have been hateful.

I accept that during our posts many of us have expressed an opinion that James is a fantastic footballer when on his game an some may have said he is one of the most talented players to ever play for Everton. But again, I'd hardly call that cultism or hero worshipping.
I don’t know if the manager dislikes James. I honestly don’t think any of us know. Benitez like to get the ball forward quickly and prefers players with pace. James is too slow for his game plan. Benitez may love James as a person for all we know.

if he'd been allowed the same finance as Carlo this would be a reasonable argument. But to allow one manager a £60m spend, then give nothing to his successor with the order he has to do better, is for the birds.
You are onto something here mate. Most on here have not clicked on to the fact that a manager can only use the players they buy. Thanks for pointing this out. ?

I don’t know if the manager dislikes James. I honestly don’t think any of us know. Benitez like to get the ball forward quickly and prefers players with pace. James is too slow for his game plan. Benitez may love James as a person for all we know.
He certainly didn't when he took over at Real Madrid.
Was pretty muhc the same as here, but less instant due to it being Madrid and others having a say in who plays.
Eventually managed to freeze him out to the point he had to go out on loan to kick start his career.

if he'd been allowed the same finance as Carlo this would be a reasonable argument. But to allow one manager a £60m spend, then give nothing to his successor with the order he has to do better, is for the birds.
Bullplop Benny is a Genius apparently and knew everything about the club which is why he got the job apparently.
Got to assume he knew the situation before he agreed to it., though it's also pretty safe to assume that he thought he could get some spending money by shifting on player he doesn't like.

He certainly didn't when he took over at Real Madrid.
Was pretty muhc the same as here, but less instant due to it being Madrid and others having a say in who plays.
Eventually managed to freeze him out to the point he had to go out on loan to kick start his career.
Doesn’t mean he dislikes him. It maybe that he’s just not his type of player. As I said and What I’ve seen so far Benitez prefers quicker players.

Bullplop Benny is a Genius apparently and knew everything about the club which is why he got the job apparently.
Got to assume he knew the situation before he agreed to it., though it's also pretty safe to assume that he thought he could get some spending money by shifting on player he doesn't like.
yes, I just think there wont be anything in his contract saying 'no money but better than carlo'

So why pay him £15 million if his skills are redundant due to the players at his disposal. Save a huge amount of cash, give the gig to Dunc. Horrendous choice of manager. Complete dinosaur.

We have the 6th highest wage bill in the league.

We have a squad that cost 600m to build.

But people crying poverty, laughable.

Im not expecting a top 4 challenge, considering the holes in the squad, but I reckon I could get this group of players to 6th, without even breaking a sweat.

Carlo Ancelotti couldn’t manage it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back