2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect and hope we get beat against Chelsea.

We cant be giving Liverpool a leg up.

We easily have the PL status in hand especially when DCL come back in and we get our signing's in January.

Lecicester and Newcastle. We can get 4-6 points there and off we go into January.
After the derby result... That's daft.

A little reminder.

"Its a grand old team to play for
Its a grand old team to support
An if you know your history
Its enough to make your heart go-ooooooo
We dont care what the red side say
What the heck do we care

Cause we only know that there gonna be a show when the everton boys are there.

I don’t know mate but 5 points from 30 sounds like implosion to me

Yeah recently it has been poor, unsurprisingly coinciding with us losing 3 or 4 of our best players, but bigger picture we are basically where you might expect us to be.

We’re a way off relegation and a way off Europe. Purgatory.

I would expect and hope we get beat against Chelsea.

We cant be giving Liverpool a leg up.

We easily have the PL status in hand especially when DCL come back in and we get our signing's in January.

Lecicester and Newcastle. We can get 4-6 points there and off we go into January.

We won't beat either of them.

And what signings? Who's gonna join a side 14th-16th by Jan?

Not only is he not going anywhere he's just been given free reign to do whatever he wants structurally.

Starting by isolating our only left back, who happens to actually have a good cross on him which is all Benitez wants to do going forward.
He may not have been given free reign though

The only way he gets the opportunity to do what he wants is if results pick up considerably. Looks unlikely.

Secondly in terms of transfers firing Brands, scouts etc may say something about the lack of transfer funds available than actually ‘putting him at the wheel’

If it was any other manager then they would have turned by now. This run is too terrible for that not to be so. Problem they have is that in whole heartedly backing him from day one, and subsequently through our worst form and performances in god knows how long, the climb down is too massive for them. It’s the long walk of shame when the axe does drop. They will probably have to sliver off and become fans of another club. Become Carraghers.

Utter rubbish.

Most people realise we have NO MONEY and replacing him may result in an even worse outcome.

That's why most people were giving him time.

This is where you and I have philosophical differences. I can't imagine anybody doing any worse. I'm sure @Tubey would back you up but he's gone off the deep end, in hilarious fashion.

The problem is you are largely comparing him to Ancelotti/last season when we wont get anyone as good as him in.

Prior to Ancelotti we had Koeman & Silva who both had us in the bottom 3. I cant see anything but more of the same regardless of who comes in until our finances improve allowing us to throw a big budget at a high calibre of manager.

While other teams find their groove, we get worse... We will be nowhere near European spots come May

Should we be? Is that a fair bench mark to set a new Everton manager in his first season after a 10th and 11th place finish in the last 2 seasons, £2m to spend and an injury crisis?

Bigger picture, we are exactly where we should be.

Yeah recently it has been poor, unsurprisingly coinciding with us losing 3 or 4 of our best players, but bigger picture we are basically where you might expect us to be.

We’re a way off relegation and a way off Europe. Purgatory.

we are not "a way off relegation", in form terms we are relegation material - eventually those teams will make up ground on us

Status
Not open for further replies.