2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did but at the end it was getting a bit like this, wise old Ancelotti saw it coming and shipped out. Moshiri would have had to break the FFP rules to have kept him even if the Real job hadn’t come up. Face it we are broken been like that for a fair while, the problems run deeper than the manager, but our current manager isn’t helping the situation one bit.
It was not even close to this run of pathetic defeats. Boring and bland, yes, but we picked up a few points through draws and the odd win. We didnt go on the worst streak of form since the 90s.

Get rid now.....

My concerns are that our most saleable assets and best players are falling out with him. Imagine this squad without Richy, Digne and Allan. Hopefully we get more Gray`s but the chances are we will get more Rondon`s

This guy is taking the absolute mickey out of all of us.

We got an owner that doesn`t know what the fans want, more to the point he doesn`t give a flying one. Benitez can do one then so can Moshiri, we want our club back!

Why? His wages would have already been included and worked out for the length of his contract.

It's not like we are spending peanuts on benitez. He gets 8m a year and will have had a several million pound signing fee.
I meant transfer budget, no way Carlo would have been happy with 1.6 million budget.

It was not even close to this run of pathetic defeats. Boring and bland, yes, but we picked up a few points through draws and the odd win. We didnt go on the worst streak of form since the 90s.
We didn’t but I could see it coming, Carlo was starting to realise Everton could well be the most difficult job in football, I bet he couldn’t pack quick enough when the Real job came up.

Ok but we could sack him and bring in Rooney or give it to Dunc and still be doing that.

It doesn't have to get better.
I don’t think it could get worse, he’s falling out with too many people, his tactics are a shambles, we are probably the most defensive team in the league and yet, we can’t defend. I think even Burnley fans would find our football terrible to watch. It really does have to stop and soon, for the good of the club.

Moshiri took a gamble, against the advice of many of his colleagues, allegedly Kenwright and Brands both advised him against the appointment, his gamble has gone disastrously wrong and it’s time for him to ‘cash out’.

Get rid now.....

My concerns are that our most saleable assets and best players are falling out with him. Imagine this squad without Richy, Digne and Allan. Hopefully we get more Gray`s but the chances are we will get more Rondon`s

This guy is taking the absolute mickey out of all of us.

We got an owner that doesn`t know what the fans want, more to the point he doesn`t give a flying one. Benitez can do one then so can Moshiri, we want our club back!
To be fair it’s Moshiri business it’s his money, but who was ava after Carlo shipped out, Benitez ticked the boxes as a manger (being and ex red, obviously was an issue unless Benitez worked wonders) he hasn’t and it’s not looking good now, but at the end of the day you wouldn’t want people telling you how to spend your money, neither would I. It’s big business nowadays, us fans just aren’t classed as important as we use to be, sad but true.

The January window wont make a blind bit of difference. We cannot buy much due to ffp which means we will be mainly looking to loan players who by all accounts are cast offs who cannot get a game in their own club because they are not good enough and so the clubs are looking for a sucker i mean club to take them off their hands for a while and help pay their wages. Not good enough for them but good enough for Everton. We have enough problems with the blurts we have already got.

Willingly dropping more points and hoping things improve in January is a pipe dream and completely insane.

Act now and stop making the problem worse ffs.

Were allowed to sell players...

...just as we were in the summer.

Danny Murphy writing about Rafael this morning:

“There is something in his make-up that causes friction with certain players.
There were issues with Xabi Alonso and Fernando Torres at Liverpool and Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos at Real Madrid. I know the rest of the Liverpool lads couldn’t believe it when he sold Alonso. It was a big mistake. There is always a balance for a manager. You have to do things your way but also need to bring the players with you.”

There are loads of his former players that say the same. Might be great technically but he’s is a poor communicator and manager of people, end of. He’s gone about this job like a bull in a China shop. Marginalising the best players from an already poor squad isn’t smart. A good manager of people brings the people with them. This guy has been dealt a bad and hand but is playing it terribly. He’ll lose the players if he doesn’t watch out, if he hasn’t already.

We’ve got a crap squad, we need a manager who can generate great team spirit and togetherness - getting the best out of limited resources. Instead we’ve got someone who is incredibly divisive, alienating players and a crap squad - that’s a dangerous mix and can’t go on long term. Something has to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back