2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with conflict? I would expect and hope for conflict inside an underperforming team.

The bit in bold we have no way of knowing.
Sometimes this can be a good thing yes, but sometimes the conflict causes teams to under perform more.
Conflict for the sake of conflict or driven by a 'who's the boss?' mentality never works. It's been proven not to work across many industries, and many of those with less requirement for teamwork than football

This is it mate, he wants that's confrontation - so he can assert whatever his ego wants.

He is a poor manager, poor poor manager who can't create those relationships with players that they need.
I think he was a decent manager years ago, I mean he got Traore a Champions League medal didn't he? However, back then he had Gerrard as his talisman to pull him out of the mire when needed. The best way to judge a manager is if he has no star player to get him out of trouble but has a team who work for him and each other. He had no star player at Newcastle or in China I assume so was he really that okay managing those teams? I know what I mean ??

“Rafael’s got a history of falling out with players who don’t tow the line,” Murphy added.

“Xabi Alonso, Fernando Torres, John Terry, at Real Madrid you had Ramos, Ronaldo and Alonso being the obvious one at Liverpool.

“What he’s done with Digne, he’s cut his nose off to spite his face. Maybe he’s not playing because he’s questioned him.”

Pathetic really this, he needs to just be jibbed, Richarlison will be next to be dropped or "not available".

Hes a show, a poor man manager who can't deal with people questioning his egotistical ways. Dinosaur in football.
When you look at that list of names he’s fallen out with, you have to question if he just likes crap players

It's his conservatism, lack of openness to change, that causes his inability to adapt imo. It worked before, should work now kind of thing.
Regardless of the why, he clearly is out of his depth now when all his tactics have been well studied by up and coming managers.
I'd bite your hand off for Lampard tbh, more exciting and more expansive football. Sure he'll not be the finished article but Benitez is the finished article, with finished being the operative word

We can't play exciting expansive football with this squad. May as well stick with Rafael is someone comes in wanting to do that cos we'll go straight down.

Wayne Rooney has offered some insight into Alex Ferguson’s brilliant man-management skills. The legendary former Manchester United manager fell out with most of his best players – such as Roy Keane, Rooney, David Beckham, Paul Ince and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Yet Rooney now realises that Ferguson called him out as a way to spark a reaction from other players. The Derby County player/coach understands that by criticising him, someone with thick skin and a strong personality, it sent a message to other, more laid-back characters in the Man United dressing room.

“His man-management is the best I’ve ever seen,” Rooney told the Guardian in an interview. “I always remember as a kid, every half-time arguing with him. Constantly. I remember thinking: ‘Why’s he keep having a go at me? There’s players far worse than what I’ve been. But the older you get, you realise why he’s doing it. If he [Sir Alex] spoke to Nani the way he spoke to me, he’d break down in tears. He [Nani] wouldn’t be able to come back out.”

I think he was a decent manager years ago, I mean he got Traore a Champions League medal didn't he? However, back then he had Gerrard as his talisman to pull him out of the mire when needed. The best way to judge a manager is if he has no star player to get him out of trouble but has a team who work for him and each other. He had no star player at Newcastle or in China I assume so was he really that okay managing those teams? I know what I mean ??

He was a good manager 20 years ago.. give or take. I always thought back then he was a really good cup manager and one of the reasons I was slightly willing was I thought he would have a go in the Carabao, when he gave that up completely my mind was made up, then this run, unbelievable he's still in position.

The problem is even at Liverpool, the players disliked him... He cannot create relationships which improve players, he just wants to dictate and create confrontation.

Hes a dinosaur in modern football, he should have stayed in the Chinese footballing graveyard!

Wayne Rooney has offered some insight into Alex Ferguson’s brilliant man-management skills. The legendary former Manchester United manager fell out with most of his best players – such as Roy Keane, Rooney, David Beckham, Paul Ince and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Yet Rooney now realises that Ferguson called him out as a way to spark a reaction from other players. The Derby County player/coach understands that by criticising him, someone with thick skin and a strong personality, it sent a message to other, more laid-back characters in the Man United dressing room.

“His man-management is the best I’ve ever seen,” Rooney told the Guardian in an interview. “I always remember as a kid, every half-time arguing with him. Constantly. I remember thinking: ‘Why’s he keep having a go at me? There’s players far worse than what I’ve been. But the older you get, you realise why he’s doing it. If he [Sir Alex] spoke to Nani the way he spoke to me, he’d break down in tears. He [Nani] wouldn’t be able to come back out.”
And you think this is what RB does? Why doesn't it work then?

We're in relegation form now, so no, may as well stick with Rafael is not the answer

I'm mearly saying that the idea of jumping from one football philosophy to another cos the last one didn't work, is a disaster with this squad because we've already done it.

The reason why Benitez was almost accepted as a manager is the idea that he'd make us "solid" "hard to beat" and his own words add "fight" to the team. Hes done the complete opposite.

However...those ideals are what we should strive for which began to happen under Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back