2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think about benites in general?
haven't read the topic, but I can say that his tactics are a bit primitive and outdated.
Do you think those primitive and outdated tactics would be different if he had the players he wanted or were available... sometimes you can only work with what you have got or what you have inherited until you are in a position to spend and bring in your type of players who can play your type of game... just a thought tho...

Of course

And I’m not limiting that to Conte either
Ok mate, so according to you and many others on here....

Just replace the manager again and we get a bounce, the new manager obviously has different idea's, tactics, more attractive football to watch etc, BUT, he has the same players, who will perhaps down tools again in a few weeks.

Now, looking at our fixture list, Man City is the next match I wouldn't expect much from, so, if Benitez can find some good results I would suggest we will be back up around 8th-10th, a good foundation to build on for nest season?

However, if the results are poor before the Man City game, then yes he should perhaps be replaced. Round and round we go

Do you think those primitive and outdated tactics would be different if he had the players he wanted or were available... sometimes you can only work with what you have got or what you have inherited until you are in a position to spend and bring in your type of players who can play your type of game... just a thought tho...
That's a great point. What type of game do you think Benitez wants to play? What sort of player do you envisage him bringing in?

Will he use the famed Dalian Pro blue print, do you think? ?

it's not about the players cause his tactics with any set of players are almost always the same.
Benitez, as for me, is more a coach who can bring the outsider team with a mediocre set of players to the middle of the standings. yes, 10 years ago I could call him a genius, but now no.

it seems to me that Everton's lineup is better than Westham's, but for some reason the latter are higher and looks better.

it's not about the players cause his tactics with any set of players are almost always the same.
Benitez, as for me, is more a coach who can bring the outsider team with a mediocre set of players to the middle of the standings. yes, 10 years ago I could call him a genius, but now no.

it seems to me that Everton's lineup is better than Westham's, but for some reason the latter are higher and looks better.
Fell into the Moyes inconsistency trap that is a seasonal norm for Moyes and currently 1 win in 7 without the covid and injuries.

Did the same at your lot though Big Red. Hoofball over the top to Torres

They have injuries. Moyes will get them winning again as he’s a good manager.
Winning run, losing run every season of his career shows me that consistency is missing. Good manager and Bad manager is his career. If only he could put it all together rather than patches then he could then be considered a decent manager.........he can't though.

Did the same at your lot though Big Red. Hoofball over the top to Torres
Hmmmm so you saying Reina.. Alonso.. Garcia... Mascherano.. Arbeloa.. Torres to name but a few were not decent and played hoofball... he also wanted to sign Gareth Barry while across the park who turned out to be a decent enough player too...
I just think given the right funds Benitez could attract some really good players and with those players get the team playing a type of game people will like and accept..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back