2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This form is worrying, I know plenty of outsiders are saying we are "too big to go down" ..... but I think, in reality any of us that have watched the utter dross we get served up on gamedays at the moment know all too well that it is definitely a possibility, Rafael does not know what he's up to, no settled XI, no settled formation, cant keep the ball out of our net and can't score enough.

anyone coming in if we ever sack Rafael has a HUGE job on their hands. there is so many players that just aren't good enough and those that are have totally lost their way.

I've heard a few say relegation would do us good, allow us to rebuild and clear out...however, I'd rather not.

Villa used to linger around 13th/14th thinking they were too big to go down.

They won't sack him. They allowed us to get hammered at home in the Derby with tbem singing his name and didn't act.

The club are an embarrassment. A total and utter disgrace. Moshiri is going to get us relegated rather than admit he made a mistake.
Not arguing with that, I’m really fearful for the embarrassment we’re in for on dear old Aunty Beeb at the weekend

Should’ve been sacked after playing a 2 man midfield against Liverpool. If that doesn’t scream completely inept I don’t know what does. He’d literally seen us get minced by Wolves 3 man midfield weeks earlier, and decided that that was the way to set up against Liverpool? Master tactician my arse. You’ve backed the wrong horse Farhad.

…..it’s a really good point.

Gomes has looked very effective coming off the bench yet he never got on until the 87th minute.

You want a goal and you have hungry young players with an eye for a goal who play with a hunger & on the front foot, yet he brings on a striker who struggles to get into the penalty area in open play.
Those of us at the game ( and I'll readily admit that yesterday was my debut this season ) were screaming at half time for him to change shape and get 3 in midfield.

There's none as blind as those who won't see.

Benitez is a stubborn egomaniac.

It’s clear he isn’t going anywhere unfortunately, Moshiri is all in.

I think he’s been a dreadful appointment so far, yes he’s been hampered by dreadful injuries and a poor squad but his tactics and team choices have been just daft at times. No subs at Brentford, five at the back till the game was well gone yesterday…

I am genuinely worried we are sleepwalking towards relegation this season.

I think he could make things so much easier for himself if he just started playing 4 3 3 - If Gomes is fit I actually think him, Allan and doucoure balance each other well.

Pickford
Paterson Mina Godfrey mykolenko
Allan doucoure gomes
Gray DCL richarlison

That 11 should be more than capable of getting enough wins to make us comfortable in mid table which is all we can hope for next season. I’m holding hope that because he is so hard headed he will weed the players that need weeding out and get the squad balance better. Tbf - these January transfers are what we need and grey has been a revelation.

Anyone who has the brass neck to come on here this week and defend Benitez after that dog and pony show yesterday, needs to have a fecking good word with themselves. Moshiri will decide when Benitez goes, there is no disputing that, but, please don’t try to make excuses for Benitez. The stubborn bell is only hanging on to his job because the stubborn bell who appointed him doesn’t want to admit he has made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.