2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Booking a function room when he’s sacked. His top level management career is over after us just a shame we’ve contributed several million to his pension pot
Several?? Mate, he's got a 3 year contract at 6m a year. When nobody else wanted him at all.

Massively more than "several million" unfortunately. Only thing would be that i pray Moshiri put some sort of form clause in there but this is Moshiri we're talking about.

In defense of the Ronseal of Mangers, Allardyce did what was said on the tin...still glad we got rid though
Sacking him was the start of the real decline, he was possibly the only one since Moyes who did his job, we sacked him to bring in Silva.
Our fate was sealed there and then and Moshiri confirmed as a clueless idiot.

Sacking him was the start of the real decline, he was possibly the only one since Moyes who did his job, we sacked him to bring in Silva.
Our fate was sealed there and then and Moshiri confirmed as a clueless idiot.
To be fair, the entire fan base wanted him gone so Moshiri can point to the fact that he caved into pressure

Actually I was one of the few who wanted him retained, because I didnt trust Moshiri to bring in anyone decent and I was proved right

And managed it with "zero coaching" apparently.

Sounds easy enough not to mess up

Exactly - no big fan of the snake and some of the football was garbage under him, but we were no where near as bad as this shitshow.

Give me snakeys zero coaching over whatever the Christ this fella is supposed to be doing, any day if the week.

I said it at the start of the whole Benitez saga, as did many others on here. Forget his kopite past, which should have ruled him out of the running anyway - he is simply not a very good manager or coach now, and has been finished for years, which is why he followed the yen to China.

How Moshiri thought this fella was the best option for Everton still astonishes me to this day.

I hope the signings we make hit the ground running - at least they are younger, hungrier players who we can only hope aren't just coming for the payday.

Not sure I trust this manager to get the best out of them though - he isn't with the rest of the squad, when other managers (and even interims like Ferguson) have already done better than Benitez.

To be fair, the entire fan base wanted him gone so Moshiri can point to the fact that he caved into pressure

Actually I was one of the few who wanted him retained, because I didnt trust Moshiri to bring in anyone decent and I was proved right
He had his chance to prove he wasn't an ultra negative dinosaur when he hit 40 points with like 4 matches to go. Still played ultra defensive. it was the right move but, like you said, Moshiri has consistently chosen the wrong manager time and time again.

Agree, I wanted him to stay, Papa was another i remember, there was a few, he did nothing wrong, but some fans didn't like him personally. But its kind of where i am now with Rafael, there is no way we can trust Moshiri, on anything, a terrible owner who might deliveer a ground that wont benefit the football club

Agree, I wanted him to stay, Papa was another i remember, there was a few, he did nothing wrong, but some fans didn't like him personally. But its kind of where i am now with Rafael, there is no way we can trust Moshiri, on anything, a terrible owner who might deliveer a ground that wont benefit the football club
No you can’t want Benitez to be kept on he’s failing at every level imaginable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back