Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No they aren’t.
Yes, yes they are.

They had a go this week over people booing his choice to bring Rondon on.

They had a go after the fans were upset over Richarlison being taken off at Palace.

They had a go at them after they sang Red and white sh... and Fat Spanish waiter at Brentford.

They've been at it all season, since before a ball was kicked.

I find it a little strange we haven’t heard anything from Mr Benitez yet on the two signings. Not even a few lines to welcome them and how he had been tracking them for ages…

Wouldn’t amaze me if one or both are given the Gbamin treatment. Not let anywhere near the pitch under any circumstances.

Yes true, I’ve said numerous times, we have done of thickest players in the league. Holgate diving in by his own corner flag v palace with 2 mins to go and giving them a free kick. Coleman trying to boot the ball at a palace player, again right at the end and it goes to Gallagher at its 3-1.

And in injury time the other day, Keane shooting with his left foot 40yards out.

Mina & Branthwaite wouid have made a difference imo. Also maybe Mykolenko & Patterson also would have made a big difference to.
If the plan is to throw them straight in we really need to hope they hit the ground running. Terrible to be chucking them into a clearly demoralised and lacking in confidence team. Maybe they'll provide a boost, would hate to see them dragged down by this mess or slaughtered for making a mistake.

When Benitez came they were telling everyone to get behind him and none of them outright said that they didn't want him and should never have been given the job until the results went to pot. They were taking shots at the folk who expressed their displeasure or booed Benitez in the first match but now their tunes have changed.

It would have been appreciated if they were up front and honest rather than giving off the impression they were happy to support this and thought it was a good idea so they didn't upset the club.

At least they have finally woke up and it seems it's just the Echo podcast lying to people about thinking Benitez is going to turn this around.
dunno about that but fair enough, I don't listen to every ep!

Yeah I stopped listening to the Echo one ages ago

This isn't true.

Benitez has come out and said he doesn't want to play Richarlison as a striker. If he had done then Rondon wouldnt have started any of the games DCL missed that richarlison was fit for.

Gray has also not started as a 9 when Rondon was fit and available.

I don't know why you believe this.
Once all season Rondon has started the same game as Richarlison.

If Richarlison is fit he has started up front ahead of Rondon.

Ok. I get what you are saying in the first two lines.

It brings more questions to the fore though:
1. Is the manager not able to instill his style/ethos on the team till half the season's over?
a. Because the players are not responding to him - Manager has not got the confidence of the dressing room
b. Because the players are pony and are utter tripe - Doesn't seem to be the case as they play well when chasing the game
c. Because the manager is clueless and dated - Players are just left confused about what they are supposed to be doing
2. Is the manager's job only to remind them of pre-game plans? Not having a footballing background I am clueless about this, but I am sure it is more than that.
3. What exactly is being told to the players pre-game that we are largely, chasing games?
4. If one player out of the team is not playing well, we can understand he is not pulling his weight, but when the entire team appears clueless(even after 20 odd games with the new manager), where does the problem lie?
5. Einstein said once: Performing same experiment multiple times and expect different result is a sign of insanity. Is our coaching staff suffering from insanity? If the system that is being looked at is not working, shouldn't the coaching team be flexible enough to make adjustments to their own plans to ensure the team does not sink rather than being obstinate that only their way works?
6. Is having proven player sat on the bench better than a player playing out of position better? (I have heard theories about him being on a showcase to protect the selling price, but that's just reaching for.... I smelt spite)

Just summarizing few questions that I have.... Admittedly, I don't have any managerial experience, so what do I know? ?
Good post mate, just one point though, the manager is flexible, he would bend over backwards for a pizza.

Order of preference for striking options (when fit, as evidenced in games this season)

DCL
If he is injured then Richarlison has gone up top
If both are injured but Gordon Townsend Iwobi are fit then Gray has played number 9
That means there needs to be three injuries to attacking players before Rondon starts at number 9 which makes him…..4th choice. Third at a push.

No way he’s second choice.
Your workings out for DCL and Richie are fair enough. But the workings out for Gray, Gordon, Iwobi and townsend are wrong.

West ham. He started. Iwobi, townsend gray all started. Gordon was fit an came off the bench.

Watford. He started. Gordon, townsend and Gray started. Iwobi fit and came off bench. Richie also came off the bench but was coming back from injury.

Liverpool. Started. Richie, Gray, townsend started. Gordon fit and subbed on. Iwobi fit and on bench.

He is 3rd choice after DCL and Richie. And actually, depending on system, he has been 2nd choice as vs Liverpool, only DCL was injured.

And thank god its only 3rd choice.

Yes, yes they are.

They had a go after the fans were upset over Richarlison being taken off at Palace.

They had a go at them after they sang Red and white sh... and Fat Spanish waiter at Brentford.

But he was right to take Richarlison off but for some reason some forget to mention that, and people have been moaning about Rafael since before a ball was kicked, which kind of devalues any arguments against him when some were against him from day one.

Ok. I get what you are saying in the first two lines.

It brings more questions to the fore though:
1. Is the manager not able to instill his style/ethos on the team till half the season's over?
a. Because the players are not responding to him - Manager has not got the confidence of the dressing room
b. Because the players are pony and are utter tripe - Doesn't seem to be the case as they play well when chasing the game
c. Because the manager is clueless and dated - Players are just left confused about what they are supposed to be doing
2. Is the manager's job only to remind them of pre-game plans? Not having a footballing background I am clueless about this, but I am sure it is more than that.
3. What exactly is being told to the players pre-game that we are largely, chasing games?
4. If one player out of the team is not playing well, we can understand he is not pulling his weight, but when the entire team appears clueless(even after 20 odd games with the new manager), where does the problem lie?
5. Einstein said once: Performing same experiment multiple times and expect different result is a sign of insanity. Is our coaching staff suffering from insanity? If the system that is being looked at is not working, shouldn't the coaching team be flexible enough to make adjustments to their own plans to ensure the team does not sink rather than being obstinate that only their way works?
6. Is having proven player sat on the bench better than a player playing out of position better? (I have heard theories about him being on a showcase to protect the selling price, but that's just reaching for.... I smelt spite)

Just summarizing few questions that I have.... Admittedly, I don't have any managerial experience, so what do I know? ?
Good points and I can't really argue against any of them.

One thing I will say though is most manager have a style of play and they stick with it.
Benitez is one of them. Whether that's being stubborn or due to not knowing better but these players don't suit his style.

This is why it was a bizarre appointment. The only explanation I can think of why it was him was because literally every other manager wouldn't touch us.

But he's here and he's been allowed to shake up the squad. This for me is why he has to stay to see what it looks like at least by the end of the window. Anyone else coming in now will find a squad in an even worse state if he doesn't at least get until the end of the window.

Only because they've been injured at different times.

When Richarlison was injured rondon was starting. Then he got knocks and Richarlison was fit again.
Nope. Check the lineups.

Rondon has been coming on as sub in the games Richarlison has started. They've both been available at times and Richarlison gets the nod every time.

Only time they both started was when Gray was out I think.

Yes, yes they are.

They had a good at them after they sang Red and white sh... and Fat Spanish waiter at Brentford.

I’ve no memory of any of the other stuff you’re referring to, but r.e. Rondon I think their comments were fair enough.

It was a crap sub, and personally I think it’s understandable why the substitution as an act deserved booing - but there’s no distinction as far as Rondon himself is concerned. “I’m coming on and that’s making our fans boo,” is the only way for him to frame that.

It didn’t help Everton in moment, or for the rest of the match. And it’s not going to help whenever Rondon finds himself on the pitch for us in future.

Even if you disagree with that, you can see it’s a valid viewpoint.

That aside, they were very critical of Benitez’s decisions throughout, I thought.

I think it’s fair enough if you don’t like listening to them. But I am left wondering why anyone who dislikes what they hear so much continues to listen. I’d have switched off long ago.

Nope. Check the lineups.

Rondon has been coming on as sub in the games Richarlison has started. They've both been available at times and Richarlison gets the nod every time.

Only time they both started was when Gray was out I think.
They all started vs Liverpool.
Fortunately never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back