2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he was right to take Richarlison off but for some reason some forget to mention that, and people have been moaning about Rafael since before a ball was kicked, which kind of devalues any arguments against him when some were against him from day one.

….why was he right to take Richarlison off? That’s what I find very difficult to understand.

We were chasing the game & needed a goal, the last thing you do is take your best player off unless he says he can’t continue. Richarlison’s reaction didn’t suggest he asked to come off.

If a player has a bad calf injury, it’s like a hamstring pop, you find it difficult to move. Richarlison was moving ok, he didn’t hobble off the pitch. I’d be very surprised if any top manager takes their best player off unless they requested it. Indeed it’s more likely they ask them to play through the pain.

I’m entirely wrong if Richarlison asked to come off but his reaction suggested otherwise. Given Benitez’s history playing another famous striker through injury, this situation seems odd.

….why was he right to take Richarlison off? That’s what I find very difficult to understand.

We were chasing the game & needed a goal, the last thing you do is take your best player off unless he says he can’t continue. Richarlison’s reaction didn’t suggest he asked to come off.

If a player has a bad calf injury, it’s like a hamstring pop, you find it difficult to move. Richarlison was moving ok, he didn’t hobble off the pitch. I’d be very surprised if any top manager takes their best player off unless they requested it. Indeed it’s more likely they ask them to play through the pain.

I’m entirely wrong if Richarlison asked to come off but his reaction suggested otherwise. Given Benitez’s history playing another famous striker through injury, this situation seems odd.

He was injured man ffs lol

But he was right to take Richarlison off but for some reason some forget to mention that, and people have been moaning about Rafael since before a ball was kicked, which kind of devalues any arguments against him when some were against him from day one.
Don't let his failings hide behind this
I wasn't against him from day one, not my preferred choice, but not against. I am now, and that's down to his performance in general and specifically

Don't let his failings hide behind this
I wasn't against him from day one, not my preferred choice, but not against. I am now, and that's down to his performance in general and specifically
I know what you mean, but from day one there were a lot who didn't want him to do well, thats why people who have supported the team have been onto them, even when we won against Burnley and Southampton they moaned, and for the first run of game until we lost.

Two of those are reserve goalkeepers.

Gray and Townsend have been two of our better players this season.

Rondon was signed as a fourth choice striker with DCL Richarlison and Gray all being used through the middle ahead of him when fit and options allowed.

All came in for a combined 1.7 mill as Bernard James Siggurdson Kean left the club or where made unavailable.

Not sure what your point is here.
My point is that he has seven of his own players, has spent a good amount of money, has had plenty of time to get his ideas across to the squad and has very few injuries to deal with. The excuses of the last few months that you trot out to explain and excuse insipid performances and dreadful results are no longer valid. He needs to deliver now, any further failures are 100% on him. Not that you'll see it that way, I'm sure.

I know what you mean, but from day one there were a lot who didn't want him to do well, thats why people who have supported the team have been onto them, even when we won against Burnley and Southampton they moaned, and for the first run of game until we lost.
there were, I agree, but it wasn't 75% wanting him out from day one, and if this poll here can be taken as a good measure, they do now

Two of those are reserve goalkeepers.

Gray and Townsend have been two of our better players this season.

Rondon was signed as a fourth choice striker with DCL Richarlison and Gray all being used through the middle ahead of him when fit and options allowed.

All came in for a combined 1.7 mill as Bernard James Siggurdson Kean left the club or where made unavailable.

Not sure what your point is here.
You can't really use James, Kean and Bernard as losses to him when he sanctioned them all leaving. That's his choice.

40d256db-f9dd-4f43-be94-64771172bb09.jpg
@Egil Olsen likes this.

He hasn’t played since!

Maybe he should have been off earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back