2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gav isn't as bad as the likes of Prentice and Kirkland who even Goebbels could learn a thing or two off of.
Can’t stand prentice. Already I’ve heard in the last few months. Unsworth doing a great job. Rafael made the right sub with Rondon on Sunday.

But this is an supposedly Everton fan who wrote pieces about how bad Gillette & hicks were for Liverpool, while Not criticising Bill in 25yrs

Another stat..

We’ve scored the opening goal once in the last 12 games. And that (months ago) was against Watford when we’d actually started on the back foot but scored from a counter attack.

Our initial set up is wrong every week.
That's because, as far as I can tell, there isn't any actual plan when we attack.

What type of team are we when we attack? There's no quick counter happening with Rondon. He's absolutely useless at just about everything. We aren't getting full backs up the pitch to put crosses in.

The goals we are scoring have been moments of magic. Gray and Townsend taking it on themselves because there isn't any real options to play it.

DCL is our best goal scorer and yes he has been a big miss but you can't compare him to Salah and Mane being out of a team come on.... They are world class. He has scored twenty goals in one season and that's including cups.
I wasn’t comparing talent, just how unlucky we have been, add to fact Liverpool apparently had the worst injury crisis in history last season. DCL & Richarlison have missed more games this season on their own than them 3 combined

The other 5 have been here all season. No more excuses.

Two of those are reserve goalkeepers.

Gray and Townsend have been two of our better players this season.

Rondon was signed as a fourth choice striker with DCL Richarlison and Gray all being used through the middle ahead of him when fit and options allowed.

All came in for a combined 1.7 mill as Bernard James Siggurdson Kean left the club or where made unavailable.

Not sure what your point is here.

I actually think Gav talks a lot of sense. Personally I prefer listening to him than the others. He’s constantly says to be fair, this squad finishes mid table, it’s a mid table squad. He also said which I agree with, in a back 5 you need a CB or two who are comfortable on the ball who can bring the ball forward as well as wing backs who can get up and down and give us some attacking intent. Something we were sadly lacking on Sunday

I would disagree about Brighton having better players, maybe they have more of a settled team, as potter been there 2/3yrs, like wolves have played the same system for 5yrs. Both clubs also haven’t had big injuries to their best players.
Indeed, but you need pretty intelligent, tactically adept, disciplined and ball playing centre backs for that. Knowing when to push out and drop back, make up a man in midfield etc.

Not having said players is not his fault. Not recognising we don't have those kind of players IS his fault.

Can’t stand prentice. Already I’ve heard in the last few months. Unsworth doing a great job. Rafael made the right sub with Rondon on Sunday.

But this is an supposedly Everton fan who wrote pieces about how bad Gillette & hicks were for Liverpool, while Not criticising Bill in 25yrs
He was talking this week about someone pulling him up in the local over his defending of Unsworth and the fact we haven't produced an academy player.

He smugly pointed to Anthony Gordon proving his point despite the fact that it's only been the past 3 matches Gordon has looked anywhere near Premier League quality and the last academy player before him was Tom Davies 5 years ago.

He was honestly pointing to Onyango, Simms and Dobbin getting minutes at Chelsea when the manager was forced to play them as reasons why unsworth is doing a great job. He's so far up Bill's arse.

On podcasts the blue room is decent if a bit negative at times(although I get it being an Evertonian is like some kind of trial) the unHoly trinity is the best one for me just three fans chatting...

Rondon was signed as a fourth choice striker with DCL Richarlison and Gray all being used through the middle ahead of him when fit and options allowed.

All came in for a combined 1.7 mill as Bernard James Siggurdson Kean left the club or where made unavailable.

Laughing at you trying to make out that rondon is our 4th choice striker to paint a better picture here.

He's not. He's our 2nd choice striker and has been all season and he's also on a very large wage for it. He's also absolutely dog turd.

Indeed, but you need pretty intelligent, tactically adept, disciplined and ball playing centre backs for that. Knowing when to push out and drop back, make up a man in midfield etc.

Not having said players is not his fault. Not recognising we don't have those kind of players IS his fault.
And jamming players like a right back as a left wing back, in unfamiliar positions just to play that formation will never work.

I wasn’t aware that Gray was a centre forward mate.

Thanks for educating me.

He’s obviously wasted on the wing then.

Laughing at you trying to make out that rondon is our 4th choice striker to paint a better picture here.

He's not. He's our 2nd choice striker and has been all season and he's also on a very large wage for it. He's also absolutely dog turd.

Order of preference for striking options (when fit, as evidenced in games this season)

DCL
If he is injured then Richarlison has gone up top
If both are injured but Gordon Townsend Iwobi are fit then Gray has played number 9
That means there needs to be three injuries to attacking players before Rondon starts at number 9 which makes him…..4th choice. Third at a push.

No way he’s second choice.

I said we had the worst full backs in the league and yes Digne has been poo for a while imo

We’ve now signed two young highly rated full backs

We are missing a number 10 a creative player to pull the strings in midfield. If Benitez gets coutinho on loan till end of season then he has no more excuses. Don’t blame injuries or covid. Get results or get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back