2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what if we are joint top 4 games in. We did that for the first time in 30 years last year and now its all of a sudden bog standard nothing special.

Pfffttt

Gets 3 points in our next 3 games and he has passed Carlos start.

What then lads? What will you move onto.

People acting like he’s their missus whilst at the same time openly hate Ferguson , which is fine but this is a bloke that played for us and at least publicly claims and acts like the club matters to him but hating him gets you nothing on this forum but likes and I’ve no issue with that but dislike the current manager you get a million questions and challenges . Odd
This

Because he is.
Just how it is.

Don't like the man, why does this bother you or indeed anyone else?
Have I asked you to dislike him too? No
Have I asked anyone else to dislike him because I do? No
Have I criticised anybody for liking him? No
Have I passed judgement on anybody who likes him? No
It's my choice.
My decision.

Do I care? Nope

So, why the angst?
Come on Tommye stop playing hard to get, BTW have you been the last two home games? if not you would of loved them

Come on Tommye stop playing hard to get, BTW have you been the last two home games? if not you would of loved them
I really don't like benitiez to e fair and everyone ie tommye is entitled to their opinions and that.

But, after we scored them 3 goals in 2 minutes the other day I totally forgot who our manager was, to busy floating like a crisp packet around the stand.

Rooney was a Club legend mate. Our Club. He was shafted to make ends meet, but he loved the Club, our Club, enough to come back.

Benitez was sat, like many, unemployed on the Wirral, and couldn't believe his luck when a ridiculously high paying job came up locally.
His public work for Charity and love for the City stem from the masturbatory adulation he has received from the RS.

As for the best ex-RS Manager around, don't forget he refused to let Houllier anywhere near the Club, because it might deflect some attention away from him after Slippy had ignored his disastrous tactics and won them the Champions League. This was Houllier, who had to step down because from managing them because tuning HMS Kopite around had given him a heart attack. He wasn't even allowed to visit the players, most of whom he had signed, to congratulate them. Petty, Ignorant, Egotistical.

Most top managers are egotistical - so you wouldn't have wanted us to sign peak Mourinho who called himself "the special one?"

So what if we are joint top 4 games in. We did that for the first time in 30 years last year and now its all of a sudden bog standard nothing special.

Pfffttt

Gets 3 points in our next 3 games and he has passed Carlos start.

What then lads? What will you move onto.
Kendall got us to two titles...

Here's a novel idea, why don't we wait and see what we do and achieve over the entirety of this season and then judge the manager accordingly before some of you start claiming your little internet victories. I'm just saying, maybe it's a bit early to be handing out the bouquets and patting ourselves on the back. Many people where doing it this time last season with Anchelotti and that didn't work out did it? Look, the manager is doing a good job so far and that's all we can ask of him but it's still far to early to properly judge him or declare his appointment a success or a failure.

It was there for a takeover that could have moved us forward. Kenwright got in there with the backing of Gregg to thwart any other serious investors and then turned on him when he had another backer in Philip Green who bled the club but allowed Kenwright to stay on "in charge"...and that almost punted Everton into oblivion in Kirkby.
Or we could have been ruined by Peter Johnson?

I'm a tribal football fan, from the club that is Everton and its been in my family for generations, it was expected for me to take up the baton and I did it with relish but the only time I have ever felt so much anger that I lost all sense of rationale was with Johnson, I protested with others, I even wrote an impassioned letter to the club pleading that he be dismissed as my old Grandad would be turning in his grave at what was going on in those dark days, so did Kenwright in some respects save us from that? yes it has to be said he did, has he got it wrong since, yes many times but what could have been with Johnson at the helm doesn't bear a second thought.

We have lurched from one disaster to another on and off the pitch and I'm not sure we are out of the woods yet, off and on pitch, but I'm not sure all the blame can be laid at Bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.