2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This shows where the real problem is. A squad that has far too many poor players with some toxic attitudes. Players that have been absolutely terrible for Everton (and that’s just on the field). The results and this season are the culmination of 5 years of hard work by Brands, Moshiri, Kenwright, every previous manager. It’s an appalling legacy yet Rafael is getting a ferocious amount of flak for it. And if he manages to kick this lot into touch and improve the team then he’ll have been a great appointment.

I wonder what you’d all be saying in the early 80s with HK in charge. The 0-5 against Liverpool. Struggling against Coventry.

He’s had 1/2 a season. A lot of comments on the board are descending into straight bile (this one is constructive and thoughtful)
Rubbish. Benitez has got away incredibly lightly all things considered. The board have taken a lot of stick and people have been beating the players up and Benitez's Liverpool past has been used as a convenient shield to protect him from meaningful stick. Any manager in the world in any job in football would be dreading a phone call from the owner when they're averaging 0.5 points per game over a third of the season and their tactical masterplans include making sure we're outnumbered in midfield every week and playing decrepit right backs at left wing back.

It seems like Kenwright may be doing a good job in working quickly to bring in the full backs.

Im not someone whose 'anti' Kenwright at all but when i look at the board (and now with Sharp) it looks lightweight.

No idea if Benitez would make a good DOF but he seems very methodical and meticulous in his approach. Isnt considered to be a 'nice guy' and is very demanding which should put pressure on the board.

I dont think anyone knows how he would do as a DOF but i could see the reasoning behind Moshiri wanting him to start as manager. Recycle the squad while slowly improving the team over 3 seasons until the stadium is built.

For me, i favour Paul Mitchell now at Monaco and previously at Red Bull, Spurs, Southampton and Milton Keynes.
Problem is Zat, we all know his football philosophy, do we want that as our club philosophy? I certainly don't.

This shows where the real problem is. A squad that has far too many poor players with some toxic attitudes. Players that have been absolutely terrible for Everton (and that’s just on the field). The results and this season are the culmination of 5 years of hard work by Brands, Moshiri, Kenwright, every previous manager. It’s an appalling legacy yet Rafael is getting a ferocious amount of flak for it. And if he manages to kick this lot into touch and improve the team then he’ll have been a great appointment.

I wonder what you’d all be saying in the early 80s with HK in charge. The 0-5 against Liverpool. Struggling against Coventry.

He’s had 1/2 a season. A lot of comments on the board are descending into straight bile (this one is constructive and thoughtful)
A lot of the "supporters" on here would have been screaming for Howard to get the chop.....modern fickle fans....I'm so glad I was watching football 60's - 80's with supporters who supported through good times and bad..

Not only is he a turd manager, but what sort of message and vision does it project for the club having a lard arse like this at the helm.
He’s an absolute embarrassment every level possible.

A lot of the "supporters" on here would have been screaming for Howard to get the chop.....modern fickle fans....I'm so glad I was watching football 60's - 80's with supporters who supported through good times and bad..
Are you sure you were there? The way I hear it Everton fans used to be much more "fickle" than they are now. Cushions on the pitch managers being jostled by fans for dropping players and leaflets at the game asking for a club legend to be sacked.

Rubbish. Benitez has got away incredibly lightly all things considered. The board have taken a lot of stick and people have been beating the players up and Benitez's Liverpool past has been used as a convenient shield to protect him from meaningful stick. Any manager in the world in any job in football would be dreading a phone call from the owner when they're averaging 0.5 points per game over a third of the season and their tactical masterplans include making sure we're outnumbered in midfield every week and playing decrepit right backs at left wing back.
Mate, you think this is ‘light’? Really? People calling him pig etc?

And regarding ‘decrepit right backs’… help me out here.
A. Why do we have decrepit right backs?
B. What the holy hell was the DoF etc doing? You can criticise Benitez if this was his squad. It’s not his squad.

Because, and you can correct me if I’m wrong here, but within a couple of days of the first opportunity to get players in, Benitez has got a right back signed.

B. What the holy hell was the DoF etc doing? You can criticise Benitez if this was his squad. It’s not his squad.

Because, and you can correct me if I’m wrong here, but within a couple of days of the first opportunity to get players in, Benitez has got a right back signed.
More than one person can do a bad job at the same time you don't have to pick sides. Yes he's got away lightly in the real world he doesn't read this forum so some people calling him a pig on here is nothing but even a lot of his biggest critics haven't gone all in on him because they - unlike you apparently - can see that you don't have to pin everything on one person.

By all accounts Brands wanted the Dutch lad at right back but Benitez didn’t. Then the club decided not to match Rangers valuation of Patterson.
It’s as much on Benitez as anyone else for the mess in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.