2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is what Benitez has promised Moshiri that warrants him being in control of a total rebuild? Is it cost cutting,? Staying in the league till , BMD? It sure as hell isn't progression on the pitch or the table.

Maybe Moshiri is angry at how much money he’s wasted on us so wants to ruin us before selling.

What I don't get is what Benitez has promised Moshiri that warrants him being in control of a total rebuild? Is it cost cutting,? Staying in the league till , BMD? It sure as hell isn't progression on the pitch or the table.
We have regressed immensely this season. Maybe Moshiri is using our club as a front to funnel his “money”. If he doesn’t sack him by season end, he truely does not care about the club.

Yeah you sure had a lot of bad in those times, what with winning a trophy every decade and league titles.

Suggest you read some of the history of 81-84. 13k against Coventry, December 83 etc. Kendall Out leaflets. And this was after 2 1/2 years.

But I’m sure everyone on here would have rallied around and no one would have been calling for his dismissal. Not one person.

This man is an enemy of Everton Football Club. He will 100% see us relegated and lost in lower league obscurity if given the time to do so. Every halfway decent footballer we have will be purged from the club and will be replaced with championship level, long ball, blindly loyal yes men, plodders that we'll never get off the wage bill. Every day Benitez remains at our club is a day we go even further backwards and the rot festers.

We have regressed immensely this season. Maybe Moshiri is using our club as a front to funnel his “money”. If he doesn’t sack him by season end, he truely does not care about the club.
I’m not really a conspiracy theory subscriber. Whether he cares about the club or not, it’s in Moshiri’s best interests to keep the team in the PL, especially if he wants to maintain the clubs value so he can sell it.

This man is an enemy of Everton Football Club. He will 100% see us relegated and lost in lower league obscurity if given the time to do so. Every halfway decent footballer we have will be purged from the club and will be replaced with championship level, long ball, blindly loyal yes men, plodders that we'll never get off the wage bill. Every day Benitez remains at our club is a day we go even further backwards and the rot festers.
Derserve to be sacked if he thinks Longstaff is the savior of our midfield.

This man is an enemy of Everton Football Club. He will 100% see us relegated and lost in lower league obscurity if given the time to do so. Every halfway decent footballer we have will be purged from the club and will be replaced with championship level, long ball, blindly loyal yes men, plodders that we'll never get off the wage bill. Every day Benitez remains at our club is a day we go even further backwards and the rot feste
Suggest you read some of the history of 81-84. 13k against Coventry, December 83 etc. Kendall Out leaflets. And this was after 2 1/2 years.

But I’m sure everyone on here would have rallied around and no one would have been calling for his dismissal. Not one person.
This shows where the real problem is. A squad that has far too many poor players with some toxic attitudes. Players that have been absolutely terrible for Everton (and that’s just on the field). The results and this season are the culmination of 5 years of hard work by Brands, Moshiri, Kenwright, every previous manager. It’s an appalling legacy yet Rafael is getting a ferocious amount of flak for it. And if he manages to kick this lot into touch and improve the team then he’ll have been a great appointment.

I wonder what you’d all be saying in the early 80s with HK in charge. The 0-5 against Liverpool. Struggling against Coventry.

He’s had 1/2 a season. A lot of comments on the board are descending into straight bile (this one is constructive and thoughtful)

Just a reminder.
14th January 1984. After a 1-1 draw away at Stoke, Everton were 18th…..

Seems to me that the 13k crowds was the supporters not backing the team, no?

Just a reminder.
on Jan 14th 1984 we weren't managed by a horrible, unlikeable, kopite bellend that was well past his prime over a decade earlier. We weren't managed by a man that was methodically purging every single halfway decent footballer we had and replacing them with lower league level plodders.

Just a reminder.
Just a reminder,

Everton have sacked manager Ronald Koeman after Sunday's 5-2 home defeat by Arsenal left them in the Premier League relegation zone.

*edit* it's been bad appointment after bad appointment under Moshiri. And, forget the fact I was barely cognizant of Division 1 football when Kendall won in 85, Benitez is an awful fit for the this club. "Backing the club" when it has done everything in it's power to make wrong choice after wrong one?

Tactical dinosaur

“I didn’t like the formation that Everton were going up against,“ Jenas remarked. “I felt like the two in midfield were going to be heavily exposed and it proved to be right.

“It just screamed that they don’t know what they are doing — you had the defence going one way and the midfield going the other. I watched a team that was unorganised, didn’t seem to have a direction in terms of the way they play, had no quality, gaps everywhere.”

The Athletic

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.