2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind the divide between the fans and the club. I’m more concerned about the divide between the players and the manager. To have a chance we need the players behind the manager. They think this guys a prick, they don’t respect him after his handling of Digne, they don’t believe they’ll win games with his tactics and they don’t believe he’s the right man for the job. They’ll be as happy as us when he’s gone and it shows.
I don't know how the players view the manager, I doubt they all have the same opinion but who knows?

I do know we haven't had any sort of consistent form in the entire time he's been here. We picked up points early on but at times we were fortunate to do so and within individual games I don't recall us playing with confidence and controlling a game.

It's funny how some are now backtracking a tad, especially @ForeverBlue92, I wonder if he'll be Rafael out now.
He has gone to hide in the Moshiri thread and blame the fans.

This is Moshiri's quote when he hired Ancelotti:

"I think Everton is a very, very difficult job in football because you are two home losses from being disowned by fans. I think it’s very hard, so what we’ve noticed is that it’s difficult to cope for younger managers. You have the bad runs, but I think the fans didn’t give them any time."

You can blame the owner but ultimately the fans have also played their part in pushing this fella down the road to the current mess we find ourselves in.

He won the Europa League at Chelsea an they still despise him - never had a cat in hells chance here to get on the right side of the fan base.
Yeah that's the biggest problem, he doesn't help himself.

If we got someone like Rodgers let's say he would also have the RS taint but nowhere near as strong as Benitez because he is less of a legendary figure there and is a lot more charming (though utterly weird...)

What the hell happened. We started the season alright. With organisation and a plan.

The teams he's putting out, the tactics he's now employing seems spiteful and purposely set up for us to lose. I don't understand how he can't see the system doesn't work, he surely knows this?

Status
Not open for further replies.