2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are getting me confused with somebody else.

I have said all along I have nothing against him personally but problems will come once we hit a bad run.

I am terribly sorry if this does not fit into your tedious "Rafael IS THE BEST THING EVER" schtick that you are doing.

It was a totally reasonable opinion/viewpoint and still is. I am nothing if realistic about stuff. We have not got to the point I said was concerning yet, it would be nice if we never get to that point either, but if we do it will be caustic.

Honestly its pathetic, you are so blinded with defending him over absolutely nothing that you are trying to create an "us against them" angle by making up pure lies. You are trying to start an argument with me because I pulled you up for saying Benitez is our best manager of the "PAST 40 YEARS."
I dont think you are terribly sorry.

The problem here is your weird over defence of him is not helping him at all.

We will indeed see. Maybe its best to wait and see before making mad comments though.
I fully expect if Rafael is here for the same amount of time that Carlo was that he achieves better. I am not saying that to big up Benitez, I am saying it because Ancellotti performed so badly whilst he was here. Every manager we have had since Walter Smith has had us finish inside the top 10 at least once with similar standard of players. Whats weird is out of all our previous permanent managers only 4 have had a higher win % than Carlo ( I am not including Rafael in this as his win % is way higher but too small a number of matches to fairly judge him on)

Carlo just wasn't the right fit for us whereas I just feel Benitez is just what we need right now although a small vociferous part of our fan base will struggle to accept that because of his past connections

I fully expect if Rafael is here for the same amount of time that Carlo was that he achieves better. I am not saying that to big up Benitez, I am saying it because Ancellotti performed so badly whilst he was here. Every manager we have had since Walter Smith has had us finish inside the top 10 at least once with similar standard of players. Whats weird is out of all our previous permanent managers only 4 have had a higher win % than Carlo ( I am not including Rafael in this as his win % is way higher but too small a number of matches to fairly judge him on)

Carlo just wasn't the right fit for us whereas I just feel Benitez is just what we need right now although a small vociferous part of our fan base will struggle to accept that because of his past connections
The kopite has certainly done a great job in lowering expectations.

Cant argue with a lot of that to be honest.

I think Benitez fits the profile but is the wrong man if that makes sense, purely because if we do suffer with some poor form (and it could happen easily, he has been given a really crap hand) the knives will be out faster than they would for anybody else. He has hard decisions to make which will also always be questioned by some people.

If he keeps doing well the problem will not arise. That's the ideal scenario. It is also a massive ask.

Of course the other option is people are just past caring which I totally get!

The kopite has certainly done a great job in lowering expectations.
Every manager since Joe Royle has done a great job in lowering our expectations. Even Moyes with his knife to a gunfight rhetoric made us feel like we shouldn't have been knocking on the doorsteps of the top 4 at the time that we were

A section of our fans are the problem and I used to be first on here to stick up for them whenever people trotted out the "its the fans fault our players feel too under pressure to perform".

But some of the stuff over the last few months has been beyond the pale. We still have a majority that are sensible in fairness but the minority who revel in defeats, fly abusive banners, singing about Ancelotti dying etc. are dragging our name through the mud and are turning us into a banter fanbase on the same level as Newcastle and Millwall.
Blaming the fans again.

The fans are the only thing that kept us up in the early Premier League years.

‘Koff with your belittling of Evertonians opinion with comparisons to Newcastle and Millwall.

Spread your cheeks for Benitez all you like mate, I’ll support the club but not him.

Every manager since Joe Royle has done a great job in lowering our expectations. Even Moyes with his knife to a gunfight rhetoric made us feel like we shouldn't have been knocking on the doorsteps of the top 4 at the time that we were
we really shouldn't have been. At the time our spending in fees and wages was matched by our rivals and absolutely dwarfed by those big 4 clubs. The reason breaking into even the top 6 now is a daunting task is the fact that these clubs have sums of money that make ours look like a child's pocket change.

Blaming the fans again.

The fans are the only thing that kept us up in the early Premier League years.

‘Koff with your belittling of Evertonians opinion with comparisons to Newcastle and Millwall.

Spread your cheeks for Benitez all you like mate, I’ll support the club but not him.

Exactly my point.

We used to have a boss fanbase but since Moshiri came in and expectations grew overnight a section has turned completely feral.

Status
Not open for further replies.