2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not wordplay; they're your exact words.
Yes I used that word, it is commonly used but not to be taken too literally.

But shall we just stick to the topic at hand? The point I was making is that being he will deserve some praise or acknowledgment, which will be hard for some on here to do.

Yes I used that word, it is commonly used but not to be taken too literally.

But shall we just stick to the topic at hand? The point I was making is that being he will deserve some praise or acknowledgment, which will be hard for some on here to do.

I don't think many won't give him some plaudits. I think he's doing a good job so far.

But I still don't want him here.

People don't post saying the want us to lose, but take the Burnley game, look at the ones who concentrated on the poor 30 minutes, rather then the win, they refuse to embrace the positives which is a clear sign the game didn't go how they wanted.

I mean that's all just conjecture on your part. Unless they actually said it you can't tell others what their words mean.

Its much worse now than at any earlier point during my time at GoT. Its flowing over into every single thread. Even when people had enough of Koeman and Martinez, it wasnt like this. How some here were and are so open to get down on all fours and let Benny rail them over and over for a couple of good results against weak sides, a couple of bad results against bad/mediocre sides and getting a point against a team we’ve gotten points off regularly the past years is just… beyond my comprehension. Supporting the manager and team is all good, but the kopite-like Benny parade on here is plain weird. The only clubs hes performed in a way where this kind of behaviour towards him would be expected and welcomed is the RS and Valencia. No reason to keep your mouth open for the spanish money shot until hes at the very least won us a trophy.
Great post.

Nailed it perfectly.

Respectfully disagree.
Its not spelled out. They dare not say 'I want everton to lose' but it's implied after every win. On here annoyed and on the defensive. Having a go at Evertonians for celebrating it. And cause we praising the performance of the manager. Detracting from the victories.

'Yeah but its only United away, yeah but we are always winning by two goals and most chances but terrible possession.'

Yes they are not stupid enough to flat out say I want everton to lose but its ingrained in everything they say.

I mean that's all just conjecture on your part. Unless they actually said it you can't tell others what their words mean.

I thought about doing a massive vault for this, but then I realised that there are so many posts from so many different users in so many different threads, that it’s a mammoth task that would take me all day and I don’t even know where or who to start with. So I guess you win this round.

Its much worse now than at any earlier point during my time at GoT. Its flowing over into every single thread. Even when people had enough of Koeman and Martinez, it wasnt like this. How some here were and are so open to get down on all fours and let Benny rail them over and over for a couple of good results against weak sides, a couple of bad results against bad/mediocre sides and getting a point against a team we’ve gotten points off regularly the past years is just… beyond my comprehension. Supporting the manager and team is all good, but the kopite-like Benny parade on here is plain weird. The only clubs hes performed in a way where this kind of behaviour towards him would be expected and welcomed is the RS and Valencia. No reason to keep your mouth open for the spanish money shot until hes at the very least won us a trophy.
There's plenty on both extremes that's plain weird.

Those boycotting Goodison until he's gone are behaving every bit as ludicrously as those who think he's the second coming of christ.

But the thing is, neither extremist camp is that big. Most of us are just somewhere in the middle, seeing how it goes and enjoying what we're able to where we're able to. Such is the life eternal of the Everton fan.

There's no need to be a pro-or-anti-Benitez fundamentalist. It doesn't make anyone a better Evertonian. Just an opinionated Evertonian.

Its not spelled out. They dare not say 'I want everton to lose' but it's implied after every win. On here annoyed and on the defensive. Having a go at Evertonians for celebrating it. And cause we praising the performance of the manager. Detracting from the victories.

'Yeah but its only United away, yeah but we are always winning by two goals and most chances but terrible possession.'

Yes they are not stupid enough to flat out say I want everton to lose but its ingrained in everything they say.

I realise the vast majority of people aren’t like this, but to deny such a segment of the fanbase exists is dishonest. Same as people who don’t like being proven wrong about a player they’ve said is crap in the past, they double down and end up wanting that player to be crap so they can say they were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.