2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no fan of his but I'd say he most definitely knows where his home is and it's most definitely Merseyside.
Still hate the fat blert though.
Well start being rational. He is foreign, he has managed many clubs and he is doing well. Players that don't try, managers who can't be bothered to take training. They are the real insults to Everton. Rafael is about 100% effort, teamwork and making decent players excellent. Thank God we got him

Really didn't want him at all when we where linked, now I've watched how he works and conducts himself, have to say he's absolutely the perfect manager for us.

First everton manager since Kendall who actually conducts himself in his job like he believes the motto of the club, he's a perfectionist now at a club whose motto effectively says this should be what we strive for always.

Also glsd we didn't just spunks another shed load of cash this summer, it's actually shown that he can improve what he has and see things in others that people have given up on. Both huge things going forward (Moyes the last we had who also had that quality).

Now if we can back him to over the next few windows to bring in players he knows fit his system (yes, we finally actually have a system and style of play again) then we will be pushing consistently for European places I feel.

Dislike him for his past affiliations and comments - BUT also acknowledge his good qualities at the same time, and as the saying goes "let's his actions speak for themselves" for whilst he is here.

I don’t think Benitez would consider leaving us for Newcastle, that job is going to be even more of a poisoned chalice than Everton is. Benitez is in the job he wants, good wages, a board who have reasonable expectations of him and close to his home.

Having said that, when I first read in the news about Real Madrid being interested in taking Ancelotti back, I remember laughing to myself and thinking ‘yeah, as if’. So it just goes to show, you really never know.

I don’t think Benitez would consider leaving us for Newcastle, that job is going to be even more of a poisoned chalice than Everton is. Benitez is in the job he wants, good wages, a board who have reasonable expectations of him and close to his home.

Having said that, when I first read in the news about Real Madrid being interested in taking Ancelotti back, I remember laughing to myself and thinking ‘yeah, as if’. So it just goes to show, you really never know.
Wierdly enough I actually think of all the jobs he would have wanted at this point only a return to our noisy neighbours would have held more appeal.

He's in the place him and his family call home, in a football mad city, with supporters who like it or not he understands a million percent.

As I said just above the guys a perfectionist who always strives to get people to bring every last ounce out themselves - and I think this is a personal characteristic of him as a man, and something he strives for with himself.

Legacy wise it won't be lost on him exactly what it will mean if he makes a success of his time here - hands up from me, I can see why their fans across the park absolutely loved him, he carries himself at the club exactly how you'd want your manager to do so

Newcastle and Man City will dominate the EPL...too much money

Only if both the prem and eufa massively alter fpp rules mate.

Given the Geo political influence of these lot at Newcastle though that is a strong possibility. We've already witnessed what in effect is a massive bribe/bung in order to facilitate the takeover and get it passed.

Unless the rules are smashed up the cash they have can't alter the landscape as without revenue streams way in excess of what even doped up sponsorship deals can offer they can only really "buy" their way into the 6-10th pack

Newcastle and Man City will dominate the EPL...too much money
Just aim for 3rd. Get that new stadium and become attractive to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi and take over. You thought he was dead? He was just in the underground and now is ready to take his rage out on the premiere league via Ev. And his Golden Dinar will get us there.

Really didn't want him at all when we where linked, now I've watched how he works and conducts himself, have to say he's absolutely the perfect manager for us.

First everton manager since Kendall who actually conducts himself in his job like he believes the motto of the club, he's a perfectionist now at a club whose motto effectively says this should be what we strive for always.

Also glsd we didn't just spunks another shed load of cash this summer, it's actually shown that he can improve what he has and see things in others that people have given up on. Both huge things going forward (Moyes the last we had who also had that quality).

Now if we can back him to over the next few windows to bring in players he knows fit his system (yes, we finally actually have a system and style of play again) then we will be pushing consistently for European places I feel.

Dislike him for his past affiliations and comments - BUT also acknowledge his good qualities at the same time, and as the saying goes "let's his actions speak for themselves" for whilst he is here.
Are we completely ignoring joe royle , Who won us our last trophy and certainly understood the nil satis to all genuflect at a bloke that’s been here half a dozen games ?

I think this fella has started well but haven’t we learnt from painting a mural on the side of the ground of a bloke who’d literally just arrived , who lets face it had been here more than 8 games like.

Are we completely ignoring joe royle , Who won us our last trophy and certainly understood the nil satis to all genuflect at a bloke that’s been here half a dozen games ?

I think this fella has started well but haven’t we learnt from painting a mural on the side of the ground of a bloke who’d literally just arrived , who lets face it had been here more than 8 games like.
Mate I said first manager since Kendall - Kendall last managed us after Royle.

As for the Martinez comparison, one was a great flim flan man, the other actually everyone whose worked with him has reiterated how hard he pushes for perfection. Will he be a success long term, who knows, but it certainly won't be through lack of effort on his part. Ultimately as a blue that's all I can ask for on the part of our manager.

Mate I said first manager since Kendall - Kendall last managed us after Royle.

As for the Martinez comparison, one was a great flim flan man, the other actually everyone whose worked with him has reiterated how hard he pushes for perfection. Will he be a success long term, who knows, but it certainly won't be through lack of effort on his part. Ultimately as a blue that's all I can ask for on the part of our manager.
Alright mate fair , I kind of took Howard at his zenith but I accept your point.

Personally the rushing from so many to beatification feels like it’ll end in disaster , I obviously hope not though but it’s a worry .

Status
Not open for further replies.