2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The first bit is complete and utter fabricated nonsense.

One thing he isn’t, is warm and humble.

I personally know two people, one a respected journalist and the other a member of the backroom staff at Liverpool ( when he was there ) who’ve fallen victim to him and his cabal and ended up having to get other jobs as a result.

Leave the wham chatting about Saint Benitez to the likes of @Death & co, as they’re much better at it than you.
There are plenty of examples, some mentioned earlier in this thread, of him going out of his way to meet & greet local charities. He keeps these things private though. I doubt you'll find him lacking in that way. It's one of the reasons why he's so popular with them & Newcastle.

As a manager though, he's here to do a job, he is responsible for the results. It's his head if things go sour. He has to ensure succes, if you're not ruthless, you're out.
The players and staff will find their respect on the bottom of their wage slip. They get sacked (staff) or sold (players) if they don't suffice (undoubtly with a nice severance package)

I don't see why he would go to work for Newcastle over us.

I may be wrong but this is how I see it. Our owners are willing to spend and spend a lot, their owners apparently (although yet to be proven) have a bottomless pit of cash. But eventually ffp comes into the equation.

When we first got Moshiri we spent all the way until ffp wouldn't allow anymore. Newcastle reportedly can spend up to 200 million before reaching ffp constraints. Well in this day and age that isn't really very much and realistically that may only get them to where we are now. Not to mention who is going to want to sign for them? They will be buying in the kind of market we were 4 years ago, unless if they burst the bank on wages (offering double what a champions league team would) which they won't as it will affect their ffp situation.

Now we have offloaded a few players we are in a much better position and have some movement room in the market. So we are in a much better position than they are to kick on at this moment in time.

They will need to go through the process that city did if that's their ambition and it took city 3 or 4 seasons to even get top 4 after investment. And it will be harder for them than it was for city for two reasons. Firstly ffp as mentioned before wasn't a factor for city. Secondly there is significantly more competition now in the league than there was back then.

Good post mate. I think they're at least 2 transfer windows behind us in terms of squad quality, it will take them 3 seasons at least to get top 4. By which point all the teams ahead of them will have improved.

You were trying to imply that you have to know a individual personally to give an assessment on whether or not you like that persons character. OK, I gave extreme examples as an alternative, but basically I'm calling that out as absolute tosh. It happens millions of times every day in every walk of life and please don't tell me you've never ever said that you don't like somebody you have never met.
It was more to do with wether you should be calling a persons ‘character’ into question. I don’t particularly like Benitez I don’t feel I have any where near enough information to be making comments on what kind of person he is or the nature of his character.

It was more to do with wether you should be calling a persons ‘character’ into question. I don’t particularly like Benitez I don’t feel I have any where near enough information to be making comments on what kind of person he is or the nature of his character.
Maybe character was the wrong word to use. I just meant that I don't like him. The person. In the same way I didn't like Allardyce and Koeman, and I would also have issues if the likes of Neil Warnock was ever our manager.

You don't have to like him, it just boils down to him winning games that is what we want and would like.

The Madrid one wasn't really his fault bar from coming in and probably asking the players to work harder and that core group that had been there for years rebelled.

The Inter Milan one was definitely a mark on his record though.
with hindsight though,it is now common knowledge that Mourinho always leaves a club in a total mess when he's given the boot. People at each others throats, worked to destruction etc. TAking over from him is always a hospital pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.