2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know what the standard is, doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be good enough. Who knows where he will be in 3yrs. Everton’s number 9, probably very unlikely. But DCL was given plenty of chances.

I’m not saying start Dobbin, but I think he deserved 10mins today. The other issue is, rumours DCL could be out for a while. Next week if Richarlison is fit, I’d imagine he will be off Rondon, but if Rondon is still struggling, then the options are Richarlison up top gray/iwobi behind. Or do you at least give Dobbin a couple of starts.

DCL was given plenty of chances and was largely like a fish out of water until about 2 seasons in thats my point mate - bambi on ice I recall.

Benitez had little to no option on that bench today same as he never against Utd and Villa.

The sooner some drop the hatred of the fella and realise he's going nowhere anytime soon the better for their sanity it will be as this squad isn't anywhere near good enough to avoid days like today once the injuries to key players pile up.

Exactly, I give it to them , watching fatty play is atrocity, and calls for playing kids is more of an obvious 'emotional 'shout, but wouldn't make much of difference. Baring this game, we were somehow chucking out results, and hence Rafael probably didn't want to gamble with kids , but today's game makes it obvious that rondon is pointless and so is iwobi, Rafael will probably throw in one of the kids now.
I would hope so. Someone with pace would have got us a goal today (or someone who can actually kick it on the six yard line) Some good balls in by Gray and total doziness failed to get on the end of one)

If he didn't sign rondon then we have no striker to play at all. We tried that against villa, very quickly fell apart.

We had sod all money and rondon was the best we could get without offering a ridicuous contract that tied a terrible player to the club longer than we would have liked.

He`s here for two years mate, let that sink in.

Niasse would`ve been a better option.

Benitez is a man of high standards - a few take ons against a poor Utd defence isn't enough to guarantee him 1st team football.

Now had he scored or bagged an assist against Utd I would be inclined to agree with you but he never like he never does.

He's another one of our many players who don't score and dont assist and have the odd good display followed by the usual anonymous one.

Hardly something to beat the manager with is it? Not the same as OGS benching Ronaldo is it?
I would like to think that Benitez is intelligent enough to not judge a players worth purely on how many assists they get.

He wouldn't do that though, he's not stupid.

Charlie Austin says hi :bye:

We signed Rondon for two years, didn't we? That's starting to look like a very long time.

Hang on, that’s exactly what we did with Rondon??
Rondon won't be on anywhere near as much as you think he is on. If we had no money and was determined to get rid of James as well then we weren't throwing a 6 figure contract out to a 32 year old squad filler. 2 years is nothing , I'm sure next summer he will move onto another club or at worst be third/fourth choice for a year. Seems the type of player who would want to play though to be fair to him.

Rondon was the best free striker we could sign for a decent wage and determination to have one more crack of the premier League before he retires.

Rondon won't be on anywhere near as much as you think he is on. If we had no money and was determined to get rid of James as well then we weren't throwing a 6 figure contract out to a 32 year old squad filler. 2 years is nothing , I'm sure next summer he will move onto another club or at worst be third/fourth choice for a year. Seems the type of player who would want to play though to be fair to him.

Rondon was the best free striker we could sign for a decent wage and determination to have one more crack of the premier League before he retires.

Nah, not having this.

DCL was given plenty of chances and was largely like a fish out of water until about 2 seasons in thats my point mate - bambi on ice I recall.

Benitez had little to no option on that bench today same as he never against Utd and Villa.

The sooner some drop the hatred of the fella and realise he's going nowhere anytime soon the better for their sanity it will be as this squad isn't anywhere near good enough to avoid days like today once the injuries to key players pile up.
Hold my hands up about DCL but I'd say a fair few don't have any hatred of Benitez and are justified in criticising when it's due.

He did yes, he went off at 1-0 and then we collapsed soon after with no-one to play the ball to , admittedly defensive errors were at fault for the goals specifically. We went from dangerous to shellshocked with iwobi I think as our striker.

I'd say calling us dangerous was a bit far fetched. Don't get me wrong, the slug missed 2 great chances in the first 6 minutes then didn't move again until he was brought off.

I would like to think that Benitez is intelligent enough to not judge a players worth purely on how many assists they get.

He wouldn't do that though, he's not stupid.

The problem is we have too many players who don't contribute though.

Clamouring for a player just because he's more direct but still has no end product than the bloke who isn't direct and has no end product is bonkers.

Wait till the balance sheets come out , you'll see what an absolute drain of resources he is.

I thought players like this where the problem we had to solve.

Very very costly mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back