2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noone is saying it's a fantastic decision to play them, and he is being criticized for it. But again, is there an obvious replacement? It's a still gamble playing two kids. Mf was outrun today, two kids wouldn't make a difference, he has been limited by injuries, and it is what it is, any wins or draws are bonus at this part of time until both rich and DCL are back.
Agree with that but it's his decision to stick with something that clearly isn't working that concerns me a fair bit. There were a few fantastic crosses today that a keen young striker may have at least tried to get on the end of. And I'll give Benitez credit for bringing in those players - I'll even give Benitez credit for raising my expectations today - but honestly, can anyone truly say they weren't yelling for substitutions in the second half? Hopefully our strike force will be back sooner rather than later and put all this to bed.

The under 23's is league one/two standard.

Massive jump from that to playing against players like Zouma/Ogbonna two bricks who are international quality shielded by another two bricks in Soucek and Rice.

Its just drunk arl da talk who've never played football to any half decent level who come out with nonsense like "just play the kids they must be better than this galoot".
Benitez has had Rondon at three clubs. He still signed him and keeps playing him. It just shows what a dinosaur Benitez is. City are favourites for the League playing without a striker.

Benitez just wants a big lump upfront.

At least Rondon is a sturdy 32 year old man.
Throwing kids at the problem won't solve anything.
Exactly, I give it to them , watching fatty play is atrocity, and calls for playing kids is more of an obvious 'emotional 'shout, but wouldn't make much of difference. Baring this game, we were somehow chucking out results, and hence Rafael probably didn't want to gamble with kids , but today's game makes it obvious that rondon is pointless and so is iwobi, Rafael will probably throw in one of the kids now.

At least Rondon is a sturdy 32 year old man.
Throwing kids at the problem won't solve anything.
18 year old well thought of prospect thats earned his right to be there.
Superfit , knows where the net is and could save the club a fortune.

Versus

32 yr old washed up, unfit has been thats been playing in a farmers league for 2 years , cant run , cant trap a ball and cant jump. Offers nothing.

But you think Jaffa got dis....ok.

There is absolutely no justification in A) buying Rondon and then B) continuing to play him after what he’s shown so far, I’m sorry.
If he didn't sign rondon then we have no striker to play at all. We tried that against villa, very quickly fell apart.

We had sod all money and rondon was the best we could get without offering a ridicuous contract that tied a terrible player to the club longer than we would have liked.

The under 23's is league one/two standard.

Massive jump from that to playing against players like Zouma/Ogbonna two bricks who are international quality shielded by another two bricks in Soucek and Rice.

Its just drunk arl da talk who've never played football to any half decent level who come out with nonsense like "just play the kids they must be better than this galoot".
We all know what the standard is, doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be good enough. Who knows where he will be in 3yrs. Everton’s number 9, probably very unlikely. But DCL was given plenty of chances.

I’m not saying start Dobbin, but I think he deserved 10mins today. The other issue is, rumours DCL could be out for a while. Next week if Richarlison is fit, I’d imagine he will be off Rondon, but if Rondon is still struggling, then the options are Richarlison up top gray/iwobi behind. Or do you at least give Dobbin a couple of starts.

If he didn't sign rondon then we have no striker to play at all. We tried that against villa, very quickly fell apart.

We had sod all money and rondon was the best we could get without offering a ridicuous contract that tied a terrible player to the club longer than we would have liked.
We signed Rondon for two years, didn't we? That's starting to look like a very long time.

Hang on, that’s exactly what we did with Rondon??

Status
Not open for further replies.