2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad isn't good enough it was true last season and without three or four first teamers it's even truer. We have started the season refreshingly well and played some surprisingly fast tempo football. The wingers we have brought in have given us threat on the break, releasing Doucoure has helped too all credit to RB.That being said todays match saw some of my fears about Benitez teams prior to his appointment, raise their heads: slow possession, negative, over run in midfield and lacking in a plan b. Oh and stubborn in not changing it. I hope it was just a bad day at the office but he has had these issues at other clubs.

Wasn't it Benitez? He signed King
Kick him out. Give it to Dunc!
Hi mate,

We know you’re trying really hard here, it hasn’t gone unnoticed. But I’ll answer on behalf of the evertonians:
1) it was not Rafat who signed king. That would be impossible, Carlo Ancelotti was Everton manager at the time.
2) I don’t think anyone has ever seriously said “give it to Dunc”.

But this is progress, maybe you can start using the terms “potterball” and “give it to Howe”

Thanks and best wishes

If we beat bad sides but lose to good we're no better off than we were last season and arguably further away from winning a trophy (beating a good side in a semi/final).
14 points from 8 games is currently on target for a 66/67 point season. Wouldn't you have taken that before the season starts? Before a ball was kicked, how many points would you have expected by this point in the season?

Someone mentioned I a podcast the other day when he was Liverpool manager and he signed Morientes. Apparently he’s was poor and looked finished, but Rafael kept playing him.
He got more stick with Lucas, they used to call him his illigal child , but ultimately Lucas turned out to be one of the best dmf of that time. Having said that lucas was young, he knew what he was asking from lucas . With rondon Its more like he has his hands tied, can't do [Poor language removed] when both of your front forwords are out injured for that long at the same time, these things don't happen that often. With Lucas he knew what he was doing, but with rondon is a different story, he himself doesn't look happy with him at all, it's just the options available are probably worse at what he watches in training.

That may be true for all we know but what does it do to a young lad's confidence when he doesn't get on with Rondon stinking the place out four on the trot. Also think Gordon did more than enough at United to justify his place.

Dobbin aint good enough mate no one had heard his name until he popped up on our bench and suddenly its "GIVE HIM A CHANCE LAD FFS BENNY".

He's on the bench as there is no point having a 3rd GK on there thats it.

Like I said if Josh King or Moise Kean was on the bench I would be calling out Benitez for playing Rondon as well but he doesn't he has a kid nowhere near ready.

Blame Brands not the bloke who's been here less than half a season for the state of our bench.

Dobbin aint good enough mate no one had heard his name until he popped up on our bench and suddenly its "GIVE HIM A CHANCE LAD FFS BENNY".

He's on the bench as there is no point having a 3rd GK on there thats it.

Like I said if Josh King or Moise Kean was on the bench I would be calling out Benitez for playing Rondon as well but he doesn't he has a kid nowhere near ready.

Blame Brands not the bloke who's been here less than half a season for the state of our bench.
Honestly, you may very well be right but we will never know if he isn't given a chance. Just as you would call him out if others were available, I wouldn't be calling him out if Rondon wasn't so poor. You'll agree that he should have hooked Iwobi though?

Yes they are average. We were below average today though. Awful negative tactics and couldn't even defend set pieces properly. Disorganised football from a so called top coach.
T
Benitez may not be as aware that we are - but the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results. Like picking Iwobi. He's useless. As are most of the others to be fair - but Benitez needs at least one window to clear this dross. We have 2 huge rebuilding projects on our plate - but so far I'd trust Benitez to get it right on the pitch. Sell them all except for a handful.
Two windows at minimum to be honest, not the Jan one. Can't clear out the whole squad within a single window , the squad baring few is appalling and on shocking wages . He will probably try to revamp the academy as well.

Super bloos who dont even know anything about a young lad been at the club since he was 11 and scored 3 back to back hatricks last year after a serious injury.

Could be the next Owen , Rooney or Fowler ....18 yrs old and has earned the right for a shot of the 1st team. Not come here for a pension top up.

Call yerselves Evertonians ....:zzz:
The same delusional buffoon saying Dobbin isn't good enough is the exact same clown who until midway through last season was saying Dom was Championship level at best.

His opinion of a player aint worth a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.