2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? We won our first 7 games last season, scoring 6 goals in our first 2 games. One of those wins were against Spurs. Short memories on here.

“won our first 7” sounds great when you say it like that rather than go into detail and specify that three of them were against Salford, Fleetwood and West Ham’s B team in the League Cup.

Who cares?

He'd sell his own grandmother to get a win in the derby against them.

He's driven. He's determined. He's 100% for Everton.

How many of our recent managers can you say that about?
I think you'll find he's 100% for Benitez and no one else.
But if that benefits us..."OK that's football " as someone once said.
That attitude is great when everything is going well but as soon as things start to go wrong Benny starts the blame game.
I sincerely hope that Benny throwing people under the bus is many years down the line because that will mean Everton have done well but Mark my words , it will happen .

I think you'll find he's 100% for Benitez and no one else.
But if that benefits us..."OK that's football " as someone once said.
That attitude is great when everything is going well but as soon as things start to go wrong Benny starts the blame game.
I sincerely hope that Benny throwing people under the bus is many years down the line because that will mean Everton have done well but Mark my words , it will happen .
Generally speaking, aren’t all managers in it for themselves?

Also, historically who has he thrown under the bus?

Off the top of my head ,
Ronaldo
James twice
RS owners
Ashley
Terry
I can't remember the name of the player but there was a massive falling out at Inter
De Laurentis
This wasn’t years down the line, was it? It was to do with decisions at the time while managing a football club.

This wasn’t years down the line, was it? It was to do with decisions at the time while managing a football club.
I think you should reread my post.
Essentially with Benitez everything will be fine whilst we are doing well and he gets his own way. However at some point there will be a falling out. I hope that the falling out will be years down the line because it will mea that we / him have had a significant period of success.

By the way the player at Inter was Muntari.
Marco Materazzi said that Benitez was disliked by the players for being cold and aloof. There is an excellent read called the ghost in the dressing room.
However none of that matters if he delivers success.
The point is Davek was saying Benitez is 100% for Everton.
Benitez is only ever 100% for himself.

By the way the player at Inter was Muntari.
Marco Materazzi said that Benitez was disliked by the players for being cold and aloof. There is an excellent read called the ghost in the dressing room.
However none of that matters if he delivers success.
The point is Davek was saying Benitez is 100% for Everton.
Benitez is only ever 100% for himself.
Benitez is famously aloof and cold. That’s who he is. Treats players very coolly.

with a home crowd like they had yesterday I would place a bet that more teams lose at Elland road this season than come away with a point or three
There are no easy away games in the PL. The Leeds crowd are certainly an addition to the spectacle but there are quite a few more difficult away games - City, Utd, Chelsea, RS, Spurs etc.

We created enough chances to win, but familiar failings let us down. I’m looking at it as two points dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.