2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it may work out well for us it would still set a horrific precedent.

Then again so did employing him in the first place so I don't know what to think any more.
I think our situation is dire and having him here is doing nothing for the club apart from causing rifts. Mainly with fans but I'm sure with players too. I mean Brands was dead against him taking the job.

Perhaps a steady spell with him gone and a caretaker in place and the board can actually put a plan together?

For us he is, and he is doing a good job, 8th right now is fine, 3 points from a champions league spot, all good
We've got 29 games left mate. Bang out of form already and a run in what we'd be lucky to get a couple of points from.

Or will you stand firm until we play the RS at Goodison and they smash 7 past us and their fans start chanting his name.

He's been injured. I know he was named on the bench for the WHU game, but that had to be politics as the bench was threadbare and it looked terrible that the club had no one to put on it...even last week we had 2 GKs sitting on it.

Ok, didn't know he was injured. Thought he was just tired due to international duties.

Heaven knows what will happen if our squad isn't added to in January.

A few people? Ok...

The team will never succeed and settle with him here....Maybe if we played in an empty stadium and social media didn't exist.

There is considerably more fans going at the utd board at the moment and they are standing firm (so far). Whether a fan base wants a manager should be the last thing to be worried about.

I think our situation is dire and having him here is doing nothing for the club apart from causing rifts. Mainly with fans but I'm sure with players too. I mean Brands was dead against him taking the job.

Perhaps a steady spell with him gone and a caretaker in place and the board can actually put a plan together?
The situation is indeed dire. Given the players we have at the club I am not sure whether any manager in the world would make any progress. The current manager, whether he is up to the job or not, is making a bad situation appear worse given that a proportion of the support never wanted him here in the first place. Not sure changing the manager would make any difference though given the squad. Until the squad is given a dramatic overhaul we will be just fighting to keep our heads above water which is not ideal. It will take a long time to fix the playing staff and that falls on various people at the club and not just the manager of course, Brands etc. Not sure they are up to it to be honest as the recent track record is not pretty

The fan base dont matter, football is a buisness, the owners wont want to damage that just to stop a few people sulking, they should make moves based purly on businessreasons and football reasons, not hissy fit reasons
*fixed
I agree, they're tired of spending money. They want a return now. Benitez is giving them just that (Gray & to a lesser degree Townsend) with pennies to spend. Even better: everybody hating on Benitez deflects attention from them.

He'll come good in the long run. He did it at Newcastle of all places, so he can do it here. The owners have to persevere, get him some tranferwindows & everything falls into place. This rocky beginning might even be a blessing in disguise: they might delay investment if he got them overperforming week in, week out.

We've got 29 games left mate. Bang out of form already and a run in what we'd be lucky to get a couple of points from.

Or will you stand firm until we play the RS at Goodison and they smash 7 past us and their fans start chanting his name.
Yeah because losing to them at Goodison is something new

Who comes in and stops them smashing 3/4/5+ goals against us with the injuries we have now?

Actually better for a new man to be nowhere near that game, the only hope we have is that the fear of the above happening is enough to concentrate the minds that Benitez somehow can prevent it.

But we should not be changing manager at all, look at him as a caretaker just over a longer period. Chopping and changing has got us nowhere yet you want that. Spurs and Arsenal are miles ahead of us and they got NES and lego head, that should give you a slight indication of the depths of the talent out there. Then they have to want to come to Everton who fire their managers on a regular basis.

*fixed
I agree, they're tired of spending money. They want a return now. Benitez is giving them just that (Gray & to a lesser degree Townsend) with pennies to spend. Even better: everybody hating on Benitez deflects attention from them.

He'll come good in the long run. He did it at Newcastle of all places, so he can do it here. The owners have to persevere, get him some tranferwindows & everything falls into place. This rocky beginning might even be a blessing in disguise: they might delay investment if he got them overperforming week in, week out.
This is an interesting point about Benitez deflects attention from the real cause of our problems, Brands and Moshiri, because of the stadium Mosh gets away with it though, he is here for that and staying in the top division, the two come hand in hand, nothing more, like it or not Rafael is delivering on his brief for the season

*fixed

They only thing is we would spend the cash if we could. We will probably fail the PL's financial rules anyhow so I think we are going for the look we've tried to be good guv'nor but outside factors (covid) got in our way...grovel grovel.

We need a couple of years where we overspent by about 100 million to drop off the total to be able to pick up again.

The big downside of course is that it's October and finding a replacement manager now would be a massive pain in the backside

At the very least we'd get compensated financially for him leaving though, so he won't join the collection of managers we've had to pay off handsomely in order to get them out of the club
Let's nip in front of Man U and get Conte.

For us he is, and he is doing a good job, 8th right now is fine, 3 points from a champions league spot, all good
EwRqrq9XEAAix4f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.