Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what i mean. Last year was also the best chance with this exact same squad. Yet somehow now, this squad isn't top half capable according to some posters when trying to find excuses for the manager

Last year was the best chance we’ve had of top 4 since 2013/14 and the best chance we’ll have in a long long time, we finished 10th and couldn’t string 3 passes together.

That's what i mean. Last year was also the best chance with this exact same squad. Yet somehow now, this squad isn't top half capable according to some posters when trying to find excuses for the manager

For one thing the standards have dropped for 4th this season. United are really poor and nobody else below the top 3 looks up to much.

The aim this season has to be Europe. We're capable but can't afford to have the spine of the team injured at the same time (Mina, Doucore, DCL). With our best side out we're better than most of the league still, it's when injuries hit.

And at the same time we have the best manager ever, but you know... 1,7m, injuries

For one thing the standards have dropped for 4th this season. United are really poor and nobody else below the top 3 looks up to much.

The aim this season has to be Europe. We're capable but can't afford to have the spine of the team injured at the same time (Mina, Doucore, DCL). With our best side out we're better than most of the league still, it's when injuries hit.
But last year we were 2nd at Xmas. Then had a horrendous injury list. It can't be afforded any year.

Seriously, the same argument were being made about the league last year and that top 4 was open, ultimately it ended the same as it always does. With 4 of 6 teams In there.

Not sure where standards have dropped really other than maybe arsenal who are turning it around and spurs. Man United were being talked about as struggling last season but did well anyway, as they likely will this season.

X position at X point of the season. I always thought it's where you finish that counts? It's like saying you were leading an F1 race until the last lap and you messed up and finished last. Guess what? You finished last. You don't get a medal saying champion of F1 last lap. You get last.

View attachment 143923

The top 4-10 is very very tight (with top 3 way too good for the rest as I predicted) and I still believe that the team still can challenge for 4th place if the team get some more players in Jan and better luck injury wise.

If the team don't make Europe, I am sure Benitez will be disappointed.
You are either a WUM or have been huffing paint thinner, my friend.

Left for work at 9 am, got back at 11pm to find that @ForeverBlue92 has taken a break from this thread and @4737carlin stepped into his shoes without missing a beat.
And some dude called @RB4EV thinks we'll be finishing 4th. Is it a full moon tonight?
Mental exhaustion i think, the schismatics are taking it in turns now defending the indefensible.

Is that your range of football knowledge ?
Big Dunc or Eddie Howe...getting boring now.

Give something credable other than Howe or Dunc and people might take you seriously.

Why on earth would the owners appoint either of them?
They wont , you already know that but want to be edgy here.

If & when he goes it will be someone far better than those 2.
There's lots of them that would jump at the chance.

Whatever you think about Duncan Ferguson as a man or a manager, I dont believe he would have been in charge of a team which concede 5 goals at home to Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back