Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Sam over Silva all day for me.
Silva had a far better brand of football, he just wasn’t has pig headed and thick skinned as Sam. Remember not an effort on target against west brom Chelsea and Bournemouth i think. Then getting hammered by tottenham and arsenal away and getting rolled by united 2-0 without laying a glove on them. I went the games to support the team. The job was too big for Silva but he tried playing football and struggled when things went wrong. Sam Allardyce do us a favour did you watch us under him?

…I don’t recall Benitez saying things were a mess after we made a good start. We’ve had a bad result, perhaps he want’s to deflect criticism.
What do you expect, for him to throw himself or the team under a bus. It’s obvious we are missing key players and his job is to find a solution. I agree with him to be fair. It might be ok missing players for 2 or 3 games but it will show its self up the longer it goes on. It’s early days and the jury should be out on him whether he’s lost 9 games or won them. We don’t give players or managers a chance nowadays because we are obsessed with instant graitification.

His arrogance is showing through here. Referring back to 15 years ago to justify his terrible zonal marking.

This was one of the many reasons people didn't want him that had nothing to do with his kopite past.
Yes, I can remember the intense discussion on zonal marking when he was in the frame..The man has been here ten minutes, couple of howlers and a number of promising signs. Take away the types that only deal with stars and Rafael is one of the two best we could get.

In his own words:

Benitez on set pieces
“I think it's so many years, when I came here in 2004 we were doing zonal marking and people criticised the system. Two years later, we were the best. The main thing for us to make sure we attack the ball and show character, we're not doing that, I think it's a question of how to defend, show character and show aggression”

Imagine boasting that it took you 2 years to coach a team how to effectively defend a set piece and even then it’s blatantly not true!

Good to know we are two years away from what worked in football in 2006. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back