Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pragmatism always beats ideology over the course. Do what suits your personel. Dont be stubborn.
Rightly or wrongly, I think it would be fair to label Benitez as pretty stubborn when you consider his history.

if he selects Rondon again he deserves all the stick he gets.
He'd deserve a public stoning.

….I think that’s right, the only point I would make is that the introduction of VAR makes the blocking of defenders more difficult so the man marking system could become more popular.

Man marking is nice and simple, you pick your man up and your job is to solely stop him, if he scores it's down to whoever was marking that player.

Surely a Manager should employ the tactics for the players he has, not the ones he doesn't?

We were fine last year so why fix something that wasn't broken?

Last season we often lined up with 4 CBs which hindered us in open play despite helping us on set pieces.

If DCL Richarlison Mina Docuoure Holgate Gbamin were in the team we would probably be a bit better at defending them. The issue is we have brain dead dossers like Keane Davies Iwobi Coleman who can’t concentrate for any period of time and do stupid stuff like jumping with their eyes shut, jumping ridiculously early, ballooning the ball out of play for no reason etc. doesn’t matter what system we use with that lot they’re just thick footballers with no fake intelligence or concentration whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back