2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has got to be as surreal an appointment as the one with the particular large person that was fond of curry (I only vaguely remember this because the part of my brain that deals with trauma has removed a large part of this memory). I'm not into the whole "not my manager" bs but as much as I didn't like the aforementioned person I still welcomed him. As such, I welcome our current appointee and will not refer to him as beneathus (because it's counterproductive) but will never bring myself to use the affectionate moniker "Rafael". FSW is acceptable I think but only if on-pitch issues call for it.
Edit: Rafael
Edit2 : what the devil? It keeps changing what I type to rafael

TBH it was not a Rafael's typical defensive organisation but an unusual attacking approach from his side, which I haven't witnessed so far especially so early in the season.

From the signings he has gone for, (Gray & Townsend) to help DCL with crosses, has worked & Doucoure from what he had shared regarding his new role was evident on the pitch.

I was always felt confident that we could score whenever we attacked, but at the same time was a bit nervous when they had the ball in our half. The reason to go for someone like Koulibaly is more to do with commanding presence and character. CB's & Pickford were not solid enough or strong enough to marshal the back line.

With this defense we will struggle against quality attack, but we have enough options in attack to hurt the opposition. Hopefully it will be addressed by the time we meet stronger oppositions.

Need a CDM or hope someone can fit into the role better than ALLAN, a CB & RB.

This has got to be as surreal an appointment as the one with the particular large person that was fond of curry (I only vaguely remember this because the part of my brain that deals with trauma has removed a large part of this memory). I'm not into the whole "not my manager" bs but as much as I didn't like the aforementioned person I still welcomed him. As such, I welcome our current appointee and will not refer to him as beneathus (because it's counterproductive) but will never bring myself to use the affectionate moniker "Rafael". FSW is acceptable I think but only if on-pitch issues call for it.
I saw that happening a few days back, but wasn't arsed to change it back..... :D and yes, I don't get into calling people by their "affectionate" names. He or any other manager for that matter, ain't my pal. He is a paid employee of the club, if he is good and delivers on promises, I would wam up to him / her and going beyond follow him / her and try to get to understand them, but I would still call him / her by their common name, as it may be.

EDIT: I used the "affectionate" name as part of a pretty common idiom "tom-[Richard-alternative]-[the affectionate name for current manager], as an intelligent / fancy word play, as you can imagine it fell flat on it's face. :P

Wow, you must really respect him to call him by hos real title. And I thought i was a fanboy.

Inappropriate Behaviour
Regardless of your emotive feelings towards an ex-Red being our manager, you'd have to be an invalid to not recognise that Rafael got a great turn out of the squad on Saturday.

At 1-0 down and after a bad summer, to get the reaction he did, both tactically and emotionally is an impressive start to his managerial career at Everton.

One game is just 2.63% of the season, but it is a positive beginning. So, long may it continue, I much prefer cheering over booing, despite how good I have become at booing over the last seven years.

Regardless of your emotive feelings towards an ex-Red being our manager, you'd have to be an invalid to not recognise that Rafael got a great turn out of the squad on Saturday.

At 1-0 down and after a bad summer, to get the reaction he did, both tactically and emotionally is an impressive start to his managerial career at Everton.

One game is just 2.63% of the season, but it is a positive beginning. So, long may it continue, I much prefer cheering over booing, despite how good I have become at booing over the last seven years.
:)

affection? I highly doubt it. Benitez loves whatever makes the "dough" for Benitez, let's not get into this he has "Affection" for us or he "gets" us that goes around with every manager.

But, as I have posted elsewhere, while he is here, I have promised to hold my tongue, and I will hold myself to that promise.

If he really did get the players motivated in second half. Good for him and a thumbs-up from my side. I am still going to reserve my judgement till we have played a sizable chunk of games (about 7-8 for me to form an image for the season).

Hes just the same as 99% of players and managers in football in fairness. Career wise it was a decent opportunity and hes had a relatively similar situation at Chelsea so hes went for it. He had quite a successful time over the park but for him it was a job.

I was quite impressed by how he conducted himself on Saturday. I have real doubts about him but its started well and at least we seem to have some sort of playing style for once.

The Benitez wars are becoming a bit tiresome now if i'm honest, people have pretty much made clear what side of the fence they are on yet still feel the need to bicker about it everyday. Sick of reading the back and forth insults all the time, we all want the same thing at the end of the day, Everton doing well.

How did this get awarning for inappropriate behaviour lolz

The Benitez wars are becoming a bit tiresome now if i'm honest, people have pretty much made clear what side of the fence they are on yet still feel the need to bicker about it everyday. Sick of reading the back and forth insults all the time, we all want the same thing at the end of the day, Everton doing well.
Bicker, used in 1700s against Congolese tribe as a term to make fun of thier lack of foot ware.

Reported.

the computer code prohibits R.A.F.A

The "told you so's" from either side every single week from now until eternity are going to be unbearable.

TBH it was not a Rafael's typical defensive organisation but an unusual attacking approach from his side, which I haven't witnessed so far especially so early in the season.

From the signings he has gone for, (Gray & Townsend) to help DCL with crosses, has worked & Doucoure from what he had shared regarding his new role was evident on the pitch.

I was always felt confident that we could score whenever we attacked, but at the same time was a bit nervous when they had the ball in our half. The reason to go for someone like Koulibaly is more to do with commanding presence and character. CB's & Pickford were not solid enough or strong enough to marshal the back line.

With this defense we will struggle against quality attack, but we have enough options in attack to hurt the opposition. Hopefully it will be addressed by the time we meet stronger oppositions.

Need a CDM or hope someone can fit into the role better than ALLAN, a CB & RB.
Godfrey with his pace will go a long way to helping the defence be more secure this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back