2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The least we should expect a squad who has had over 500m on it , is a fight for Europe. These pathetic low expectations just show how and a manager really is , even with his own fans

All I’m asking is that people be consistent with managers. Last season anyone that criticised the manager got shouted down by 95% of the forum because Carlo couldn’t do anything with these crap players and needed his own team before we could judge him.

I think last season was a poor season, and if we finish 10th this season it will have been disappointing again. None of this “but we were in X position in March” “but we were 8 points off top 4” will wash, we finished 10th and that’s all there is to it. 10th should never be the aim, but if you’re going to make excuses for one manager and slate another one for the same results then it does just smack of an agenda tbh. Not even trying to defend Benitez here, would just like to see a bit of consistency on here.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to see who is unexpectedly out for this weekend’s game.

I’ll go with a prediction of:

Richarlison is ‘close’ but not yet ready
DCL is doing ‘really well’ but no timeframe on return
Gbamin has had a ‘small problem’ so won’t make the squad
Are Gomes and Delph available ‘no not yet’
‘Allan has also had some problems this week so may not make the game’

Can’t wait to see who is unexpectedly out for this weekend’s game.

I’ll go with a prediction of:

Richarlison is ‘close’ but not yet ready
DCL is doing ‘really well’ but no timeframe on return
Gbamin has had a ‘small problem’ so won’t make the squad
Are Gomes and Delph available ‘no not yet’
‘Allan has also had some problems this week so may not make the game’

Genuinely won’t know until 2pm tomorrow. Starting line up announcement will come out and BAM Begovic in goal and Gomes and Davies in midfield.

The least we should expect a squad who has had over 500m on it , is a fight for Europe. These pathetic low expectations just show how and a manager really is , even with his own fans
£500 million or so was spunked away by previous managers not Benitez. Just because we've spent lots of money doesn't mean we have a great squad - we obviously haven't. None of this is the current managers fault, even if you want it to be

All I’m asking is that people be consistent with managers. Last season anyone that criticised the manager got shouted down by 95% of the forum because Carlo couldn’t do anything with these crap players and needed his own team before we could judge him.

I think last season was a poor season, and if we finish 10th this season it will have been disappointing again. None of this “but we were in X position in March” “but we were 8 points off top 4” will wash, we finished 10th and that’s all there is to it. 10th should never be the aim, but if you’re going to make excuses for one manager and slate another one for the same results then it does just smack of an agenda tbh. Not even trying to defend Benitez here, would just like to see a bit of consistency on here.

This is fair

I said it at the time Ancelotti left that any new manager would struggle with this mostly sad sack of players we have to hand

Thus far we've beaten the teams we "should" beat in the league

Based on the calibre of our overall squad, I can't really be too critical of Benitez at this juncture

Hopefully he gets backed in January. After that we can maybe reassess expectations

It shows you we had the third most players out injured for the 4th longest amount of time.

Dom missed 5 games. Richarlison missed 5. Mina missed 7. Digne was out for 9. Coleman missed 8. Allan missed 13. Doucoure missed 9. Pickford missed 5.

A lot of those were at the same time and led to us having to play Iwobi as a wing back.

Benitez is not the only manager to ever have an injury crisis affect his team selection.

It was never an acceptable excuse for Carlo so I don't see why it should be for him.

your missing Gbamin off that list. he missed 2 years of football so stats easily lie when you want them to

Status
Not open for further replies.