2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But is the pay off not done over several years? We don't just give him £8m. Surely the James money will cover that. Isn't that the whole reason we got rid of him, to have some money.
All depends on how the contracts are structured and what clauses they have. As I understand it, the vast majority are 1 year salary (or at least amount due to end of season) paid up in full at time of termination + whatever is owed paid as per normal until another job is taken.

The workhorses are all well and good but you need your difference makers. Ours weren't on the pitch today. Only Gray looked like doing something but wasn't on the pitch long enough.

We don’t have any workhorses. You can’t honestly look at our group of players and tell me with a straight face that they’re technically limited but honest grafters. We get out battled by every single team in the league.

This is Everton, Guarunteed, probably.

If clubs only got a fine for breaking the rules when the potential rewards are lucrative CL qualification and trophies every club would be spending like mad.

We may get a fine if we only just go over but depending on how far or other factors like "promise to break even within 12 months" would lead to harsher punishments which pretty much means no January or summer budget for any new manager to work with.

If clubs only got a fine for breaking the rules when the potential rewards are lucrative CL qualification and trophies every club would be spending like mad.

We may get a fine if we only just go over but depending on how far or other factors like "promise to break even within 12 months" would lead to harsher punishments which pretty much means no January or summer budget for any new manager to work with.

Yes.

Moshiri OUT

I think the question needs to be asked why has this owner appointed yet another manager that he’s going to have to sack mid-season with another huge payoff?
That will ony happen with brain dead EFC ''fans'' demanding Rafas head., and then appoint yet another star manager with ditto salary and pay off clause.

Absolutely.

It's not Benitez's fault we are crap, it also won't be Benitez's fault when he gets sacked for our rubbish run of form nut we need a manager people can get behind so needs must...
It is Benitez’ fault we are crap though. Our players are mediocre, our squad is thin, but it is a mid table squad. Benitez has taken that mid table squad and turned it into a shambles. We are disorganised, we constantly play 2 in midfield, when it is patently obvious that we don’t have the players for it, we persist with Rondon up front because, I can only imagine, Benitez chased him all summer and is trying to justify this, Benitez has huge issues with being able to accept responsibility for anything and is totally incapable of admitting he has made a mistake.

Moshiri is an absolute cart for appointing him in the first place, but, Moshiri is not as stubborn as Benitez, it won’t take him too much longer to accept he’s made a mistake and pull the trigger if things don’t improve very quickly.

The ethos at Everton now is mid table and balancing the books, this squad, with a competent manager, should be capable of that, but, it is beginning to look like our current manager is not going to hack it.

As for the injuries, they happen and today, which in my view was an absolutely horrible performance, he had his first choice 11 with the exception of Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison, so 2 injuries and can perform that badly at Brentford.

So as I say, I think it is Benitez’ fault, he has turned a distinctly average team into a team which may well find itself in a relegation battle.

We don’t have any workhorses. You can’t honestly look at our group of players and tell me with a straight face that they’re technically limited but honest grafters. We get out battled by every single team in the league.

The likes of Allan and Townsend are hard workers but they're 30+ journemen. Coleman is now past it.

Moyes was good at getting grafters in.

I agree with this. And it's a big part of the problem. I've seen workhorses. Most of the late 90s early 00s were workhorses. Gemmil, Pembridge, Carsley, Horne, Ebbrell etc types. Very well set up for relegation dogfights.

Rafael has been playing us a lot more agressive and evene turned a few games where we were behind into a winning game. How long since that has happened under previous managers? Its a [Poor language removed] squad with the little qualit we have, out injured. Good luck with a new manager.
Squad is no doubt crap and we've managed to get 3 points a few times after going behind, which is great, but I don't see any substance to Rafael. Aside from the white-flag-waiving at City, I don't see aggression or assertiveness or assuredness. I see nothing innovative or tactically astute. We don't dominate games and I can't remember the last time we were on the front foot. Remove the crowd/ground and I couldn't tell you which were are home performances and which were away. We've been 2nd best so often on so many fronts, whether it's dominating games or simply getting flick ons from a throw-in. Surely there must be someone out there who can address these issues, because it's clearly not a guy who came from Newcastle via China and looks every bit thoroughly out dated.

That will ony happen with brain dead EFC ''fans'' demanding Rafas head., and then appoint yet another star manager with ditto salary and pay off clause.
Maybe they should get it right the first time . We all knew Silva was going to be a ganble , everyone hated Sam and knew that wouldn't end well and Carlo left .
That is on the board and not on the fans just as this appalling appointment is. A lot of us knew it would be a disaster. As a married man I usually take great pride in being right as it rarely happens . I hate being right this time .

The likes of Allan and Townsend are hard workers but they're 30+ journemen. Coleman is now past it.

Moyes was good at getting grafters in.
Moyes took stick for dithering but he made sure he knew what he was getting. Even some of his bang average players would improve us.

It is Benitez’ fault we are crap though. Our players are mediocre, our squad is thin, but it is a mid table squad. Benitez has taken that mid table squad and turned it into a shambles. We are disorganised, we constantly play 2 in midfield, when it is patently obvious that we don’t have the players for it, we persist with Rondon up front because, I can only imagine, Benitez chased him all summer and is trying to justify this, Benitez has huge issues with being able to accept responsibility for anything and is totally incapable of admitting he has made a mistake.

Moshiri is an absolute cart for appointing him in the first place, but, Moshiri is not as stubborn as Benitez, it won’t take him too much longer to accept he’s made a mistake and pull the trigger if things don’t improve very quickly.

The ethos at Everton now is mid table and balancing the books, this squad, with a competent manager, should be capable of that, but, it is beginning to look like our current manager is not going to hack it.

As for the injuries, they happen and today, which in my view was an absolutely horrible performance, he had his first choice 11 with the exception of Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison, so 2 injuries and can perform that badly at Brentford.

So as I say, I think it is Benitez’ fault, he has turned a distinctly average team into a team which may well find itself in a relegation battle.
Just out of curiosity. Ive seen Ancelotti and Rafael try several formations and none worked. None! 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 5-3-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-4-2 worked for a while then sunk because out dated, 3-4-3, 4-1-2-3, etc etc. Ancelotti made us sit back and then Holgate orPickford would give the opostion a goal and then the opposition just sits and waits for an attack that never came. Rafael at least has us move in a much more attacking way. Please tell me, what system should Rafael play?

Status
Not open for further replies.