Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which brings up the question of his positioning, though. He was marking empty space, while our shortest defender was marking their 6'-2" striker.
His positioning was fine for that, he was in the area you need to be to defend a cross, if a player is running from the wing area, it's the full backs job, i.e it was baines.

His positioning was fine for that, he was in the area you need to be to defend a cross, if a player is running from the wing area, it's the full backs job, i.e it was baines.
If there was anyone else in the penalty area, I'd agree, but if the only attacker within twenty yards of goal is a striker, a central defender should be picking him up. It's no good being in "the area you need to be to defend a cross" if being in that area means you're unable to reach the only cross that can be completed.

Just niggling, though. I thought he played pretty well today.

If there was anyone else in the penalty area, I'd agree, but if the only attacker within twenty yards of goal is a striker, a central defender should be picking him up. It's no good being in "the area you need to be to defend a cross" if being in that area means you're unable to reach the only cross that can be completed.

Just niggling, though. I thought he played pretty well today.
I ask the question though are you as rigorous with Stones or Baines. I read in the forum Everton are now in the top twenty richest clubs in the world.As a fan of a club who for all my life until I would say 2000 were at that level the question you guys have to ask is about every player not just the foreign ones.

I ask the question though are you as rigorous with Stones or Baines. I read in the forum Everton are now in the top twenty richest clubs in the world.As a fan of a club who for all my life until I would say 2000 were at that level the question you guys have to ask is about every player not just the foreign ones.
I think you're asking the wrong guy. I think Funes Mori's been our best defender over the last couple of months. That's not saying a lot, but he's made fewer mistakes than anyone else in the defense, in my estimation.

I think you're asking the wrong guy. I think Funes Mori's been our best defender over the last couple of months. That's not saying a lot, but he's made fewer mistakes than anyone else in the defense, in my estimation.
No I wasn't referring to you alone but all the Fans.To be fair to your defenders on the games I have watched you play like a top team which allows the opportunities for the other team

No I wasn't referring to you alone but all the Fans.To be fair to your defenders on the games I have watched you play like a top team which allows the opportunities for the other team

That's an ace username !
It's always nice to have fans from other teams / countries here. Where are you from mate ?

he's got bottle

this is what i like about him. he'll make a mistake but it won't faze him. As he gets more experienced in the league, to how we play and who he partners, he'll iron out the mistakes. He's the right sort of player we needed in defence imo and as confidence grows i think he'll be more dominant in the air. 24 is young for a centre back let's not forget, pointless comparing everyone to someone like stones. jagielka was still in lower leagues/not even in defence at that age and he's been a top top premier league centre back.

Mori has been a lot better than I thought he ever would be...considering its his first season in a new league too, so I'll afford him some slack. Just gets on with it which I like too.not pretending to be the hard man like previous pseudo tough nuts, nor going round the pitch kissing his badge just to get on-side with the fans.

He's had not far off four months of football in a standard of league way above what he was playing, and in a different continent.

It's just too early to make any judgement of him properly in terms of what he is going to be eventually. He's been dropped in the deep end due to injury but, thankfully, he hasn't been a disaster, but nor has he been great.

We can only start to think about if he is a good player or the reincarnation of Distin from the start of next season IMO.

I like the way Mori attacks headers at both ends of the pitch, doesn't get beaten often in the air and is one of the few players in our team that looks likely to score from a corner.

He's had not far off four months of football in a standard of league way above what he was playing, and in a different continent.

It's just too early to make any judgement of him properly in terms of what he is going to be eventually. He's been dropped in the deep end due to injury but, thankfully, he hasn't been a disaster, but nor has he been great.

We can only start to think about if he is a good player or the reincarnation of Distin from the start of next season IMO.

Wouldn't mind the reincarnation of Distin right now, that guy couldn't be beaten in the air! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back