Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
????????

How DID that 9m come to be?

I thought for a minute I was going to have to type "I may have said too much" but, luckily, The Guardian have it covered in a manner which I believe to be correct ( @Toffeelover, note the use of "believe" to cover my arse in true fence sitting style )

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/01/everton-sign-ramiro-funes-mori-river-plate

Roberto Martínez said Ramiro Funes Mori represented “value and ambition” after Everton paid an increased £9.5m fee for the Argentina defender but failed to land the playmaker and striker their manager wanted before the transfer deadline.

Funes Mori became the most expensive defender in Everton’s history after joining from River Plate, Argentina’s Copa Libertadores’ champions, on a five-year contract. He was the first of two transfers at Goodison Park on deadline day, with Aaron Lennon rejoining the club where he spent a successful loan spell last season for a fee believed to be £4.5m from Tottenham Hotspur.

Everton had expected to pay £6.25m for Funes Mori, who has been capped once by Argentina and has been named in their squad for the international against Bolivia on Friday. That sum comprised a £5m transfer fee for River Plate plus a 24% tax levy due to the Argentinian football federation. However, it emerged the 24-year-old was also entitled to 50% of any transfer fee under the terms of his contract with River Plate. Everton covered that cost rather than risk the deal collapsing late in the window with no alternative in place.

He played OK.

He got beat on that cross that Mitrovic missed. What an awful miss that was.

Both of our center halves must get better at defending crosses. They are both not good at it.
Baines got beat on that one friend.

And read above, he won the most headers in the game any aerial threat from them was when they stuck it into coleman\stones position

Theres no way he physically could have got to that cross.. the cross was miles over his head and just dipped to which baines got beat mate.
Which brings up the question of his positioning, though. He was marking empty space, while our shortest defender was marking their 6'-2" striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back