Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than I thought he would be, but him and Stones shouldn't play together. The first thought they both have is how to turn defence into attack and play ball out. At least with jags playing he will go for row z if need be. i think he was and still will be Stones' replacement in the summer.
This no longer bothers me. Stones is a class player but not interested enough in basic defending. I'd have Williams over him. Sorry but I don't think we can afford and our system does not need his particular talents.

This no longer bothers me. Stones is a class player but not interested enough in basic defending. I'd have Williams over him. Sorry but I don't think we can afford and our system does not need his particular talents.

If our system does not need his particular talents then our system is basic and horrible.
What you're suggesting is that you'd just want Everton defenders to boot out the ball every time it comes near. That sounds horrible.
The difference between the way we play now, scoring loads and conceding one more, and hopefully eventually scoring loads and conceding very little – all it will take is a little bit more time and a few tactical tweaks.
Ridiculous to suggest to get rid of the best young ball-playing defender in the game because you'd rather have an Ashley Williams.

If our system does not need his particular talents then our system is basic and horrible.
What you're suggesting is that you'd just want Everton defenders to boot out the ball every time it comes near. That sounds horrible.
The difference between the way we play now, scoring loads and conceding one more, and hopefully eventually scoring loads and conceding very little – all it will take is a little bit more time and a few tactical tweaks.
Ridiculous to suggest to get rid of the best young ball-playing defender in the game because you'd rather have an Ashley Williams.
I think one of the most impressive parts of Martinez's impact is that he is gotten a lot of players to adopt his passing game. Stones is an incredible player but I am beginning to think he is not a great central defender. I think his instincts to go forward and his inability to head the ball are serious defensive liabilities. For Bobby's game to work, the center back just needs to release the ball short.

I think one of the most impressive parts of Martinez's impact is that he is gotten a lot of players to adopt his passing game. Stones is an incredible player but I am beginning to think he is not a great central defender. I think his instincts to go forward and his inability to head the ball are serious defensive liabilities. For Bobby's game to work, the center back just needs to release the ball short.

HHMMM Do you think perhaps we should move him forward and have him do a Beckenbaur role? That is if Jags comes back and pairs up with Mori.

HHMMM Do you think perhaps we should move him forward and have him do a Beckenbaur role? That is if Jags comes back and pairs up with Mori.
Honestly think that's where his future lies. And again I agree with you that he is an incredible player. Just don't think we are getting the best out of him as a center half. He is certainly not solely to blame, but something's up when we've got England's top prospects paired with an Argintinian international and our defense is a complete shambles. Looks like a box-to-box player to me but that desire to get forward often leaves us exposed.

Honestly think that's where his future lies. And again I agree with you that he is an incredible player. Just don't think we are getting the best out of him as a center half. He is certainly not solely to blame, but something's up when we've got England's top prospects paired with an Argintinian international and our defense is a complete shambles. Looks like a box-to-box player to me but that desire to get forward often leaves us exposed.
Box to box centre half obviously.

Just like Hibbert was the first box to box right back really.

Problem is we have two centre halves who like to drift away from the box and this is causing us problems, just one would be fine but two of them i am not so sure is a good idea. When Jags comes back this might get sorted, but right now if we have to leave one out, as good as he is, for me it would be Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back