Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether Mori is decent or not decent etc etc to me is immaterial. We've needed a commanding and horrible centre back for a couple of seasons now. Particularly if we don't have a commanding keeper (which we don't). Mori is ok, but if we aspire to finish in top 4 he's not at that level.

Thing is when Jags is back Martinez has a problem, and knowing had awful he is at picking a team and setting up a defense i cant imagine what he is gong to do, but over the last few games Stones has made a lot more mistakes that have led to goals than Mori.

We know how good Stones is and will be, and at his age we have to accept he will make mistakes, but Mori is doing well, winning a lot in the air and has looked a lot better than we thought he would be, its a hard call Martinez has to make, and to be honest i don't think he will have a clue who to pick and how to set them up.
Three at the back.

Mori can't lead a defense, but that's not his fault. He's 24 or whatever, and he should only have to think about his own game, especially since he's just joined this league. Stones needs a leader next to him, and without Jags the defense looks weak.
Bobby Moore captained England at 22, your either a leader of men or your a mouse.

Unfortunately for us we have way to many mice.

Bobby Moore captained England at 22, your either a leader of men or your a mouse.

Unfortunately for us we have way to many mice.
I'm pretty sure Bobby Moore wasn't made captain of England during his first game for England though. If Stones is a future captain as so many say then the onus shouldn't be on Mori to lead the defense when he's just arrived.

Mori was sound today, probably would have cleared the 3rd goal cross of Howard hadn't tried to decapitate him.

Stones has been dreadful for weeks but no blame on him because where he should be rested as he's a kid still we ain't got no one to give him a breather so a dip is inevitable.
Mori was weak with the first. A feeble dangling in of a leg when any sort of proper tackle would have prevented the ball being transferred on for Shakiri to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back