Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Jags is back, the XI that started the game for us last night would be my first choice until we need to change it

Mori might not have Jags' experience and leadership but he offers us balance by virtue of being a left-footer and he is better in the air than any other defender at the club - which gives us an attacking threat from set pieces. He attacks the ball really well.

What's odd is that I thought in the Spurs game he was a liability - had a shocker. Yet today, I thought he played really well. So as a football fan, seeing as I must form knee-jerk opinions, is he gash or ace? I'm so confused!

See where you are coming from but against Spurs I thought defensively he was sound. Spurs did a good job of closing down spaces and his possession and passing was ropey because the options were limited. Its in his mindset to look to pass out therefore was not as good as usual. Defensively sound though.

Improving all the time

Also think the emphasis in how we defend is helping him

Against Spurs and City he looked far better when his main objective was to defend and nothing else

Great signing and one that could serve us well in the forthcoming years

See where you are coming from but against Spurs I thought defensively he was sound. Spurs did a good job of closing down spaces and his possession and passing was ropey because the options were limited. Its in his mindset to look to pass out therefore was not as good as usual. Defensively sound though.

You're right that defensively he wasn't bad at all, but his distribution was awful. Not slating the lad like, think he's got some quality about him, just think it wasn't working on that day.

He has done pretty well since joining but it's way too early to come out with lines such as 'great signing'.

Same goes for other players. Cleverly for example has been decent at times but somehow that gets turned into 'He's a very very good player'.

Even if Jags is back, the XI that started the game for us last night would be my first choice until we need to change it

Mori might not have Jags' experience and leadership but he offers us balance by virtue of being a left-footer and he is better in the air than any other defender at the club - which gives us an attacking threat from set pieces. He attacks the ball really well.

We're gonna have to change it by the looks of things mate, with Coleman out.

Agree though in principle - we looked so much better defensively last night - though got done on the counter obviously.

Decent player, still behind Jags and Stones in the pecking order imo.

Has had a couple of good games, yesterday included, but I wouldn't say has cemented his place in the first team, well unless Stones moves to RB in Coleman's absence and we play Jags and Mori in CB in which case I would be happy with our defence... but would suggest we don't play from the back so much.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back