Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent his first games feeling like he was about to drop a howler but he never quite did. Feeling much more solid now.

Have to say I thought his celebrations were well cringey before he signed...someone on here told me I wouldn't feel that way when he bangs one in for us. They were bloody right. I love him the big passionate lump. He just bloody loves it!

Guys/girls, how many chances do you think Martinez gives to play with Stones, Ramiro and Jagielka together in the first XI?
Not many unless Coleman remains injured as Stones doesn't really suit being a RB and the same applies to RFM at LB.

The only other way to include them all would be a back three, it is a formation that Martinez used a lot at Wigan but less so with us and the times he has its been mixed at best.

Stones out for £45 mil in the summer and get a tough as nails £15-20 mil CB alongside him as 1st choice with him. Spend the rest on a top commanding GK.

Been a very good signing.

was awesome to be in an Argie dive bar when he scored today.

i looked a f'in genius as i told the ski ticket holder (only other gringo there) that Deulofeu was wicked with the crosses and RFM was an Everton anomaly in that he could score off corners literally seconds before he slotted it home.

shame about the bs ending.

was awesome to be in an Argie dive bar when he scored today.

i looked a f'in genius as i told the ski ticket holder (only other gringo there) that Deulofeu was wicked with the crosses and RFM was an Everton anomaly in that he could score off corners literally seconds before he slotted it home.

shame about the bs ending.
What are the positives of an Argy dive bar ?

Not many unless Coleman remains injured as Stones doesn't really suit being a RB and the same applies to RFM at LB.

The only other way to include them all would be a back three, it is a formation that Martinez used a lot at Wigan but less so with us and the times he has its been mixed at best.

Ramiro as a LB didn't play enough good for River Plate but it's fair to say that was before he did his level's leap. With the self confidence he has now maybe could be a different story but still a question mark.

Ramiro as a LB didn't play enough good for River Plate but it's fair to say that was before he did his level's leap. With the self confidence he has now maybe could be a different story but still a question mark.
Baines on form is one of our best players though and thankfully he seems to be hitting his stride after a long time layoff.

It would take an injury to Leighton for RFM to play ahead of him and, much as I like Ramiro, Baines has been one of my favourite players for years so hope you'll forgive me when I say that I hope like hell we don't see Ramiro play there anytime soon!

well, they had the Everton match on for starters... don't see much of the Prem in SA. At least in Paraguay... La Liga is numero uno, then Bundesliga and even Serie A... at least early in the day, followed by local futbol.
I meant the ambience really. It just just brought to mind the Graeme Greene novel The Honorary Consul. The sort of bar in which the said consul might have frequented.I think it's time for bed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back