Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently you are not allowed to say this about FM.

Say what you like. Pretty sure I've not said you can't think what you want.

You seem to be way more upset about my differing opinion than I am to yours.

I thought he was ok, fine, we won, even if his not so great moments had led to goals I wouldn't care because we won.

Doesn't like the ball over the top and gets' caught ball watching a bit but in the main, he's sound. In their first season, South American players are generally half the player that they are in their second year once they've settled in properly - top player and it's good to have 3 top centre aaavvvs vying for places!

What I have liked with him is his ability to sense danger early on and cut it out high up the field. Think this is when he's at his best tbh, making interceptions in our half and straight away he looks for a forward pass.

Positionally I think the quality of some of the runs/crosses into the box do catch him out and he needs to work on that, but he's done superbly to say it his first season here.

What I have liked with him is his ability to sense danger early on and cut it out high up the field. Think this is when he's at his best tbh, making interceptions in our half and straight away he looks for a forward pass.

Positionally I think the quality of some of the runs/crosses into the box do catch him out and he needs to work on that, but he's done superbly to say it his first season here.

Good post. Agree about his aggressive interceptions. Such a vital skill and something Jags and Stones don't really do.

Good post. Agree about his aggressive interceptions. Such a vital skill and something Jags and Stones don't really do.

Jags does occasionally but tends to miss-time it or look clumsy. Stones is class at it but he doesn't often do it as high up the pitch as Mori does.

Mori's main flaw for me is his positioning at times, and when he has to run the ball out from the back. He can do it, but he often loses possession. When he wins the ball 30 yards from goal and immediately gets a quick pass off, it's excellent.

Jags does occasionally but tends to miss-time it or look clumsy. Stones is class at it but he doesn't often do it as high up the pitch as Mori does.

Mori's main flaw for me is his positioning at times, and when he has to run the ball out from the back. He can do it, but he often loses possession. When he wins the ball 30 yards from goal and immediately gets a quick pass off, it's excellent.

Yeah nothing wrong with him not being the best passer, just needs to look for the smart, easy pass; do his job then let our better technical players do theirs!

One pet peeve I have is that we can't clear the ball. Some of Mori's clearances went straight to the opposition and plenty of our players are guilty of that. If you're going to clear your lines, make sure you hit row Z like.

Yeah nothing wrong with him not being the best passer, just needs to look for the smart, easy pass; do his job then let our better technical players do theirs!

One pet peeve I have is that we can't clear the ball. Some of Mori's clearances went straight to the opposition and plenty of our players are guilty of that. If you're going to clear your lines, make sure you hit row Z like.

Oh yeh we're proper garbage at clearances. It's mental

Genuinely think he looks more confident when Besic is on the pitch, as Mo tries to pump everyone up and always praises and reassures players around him if they make a mistake (he ran back half the pitch to pump Stones up after his turns in our own box, or around that time anyway). Important to have players like that on the pitch with you really.
Yeah that's probably right thinking about it. Sometimes you got to imagine what it would be like playing around certain players. We definitely need players talking to each other more. There seems to be team spirit there but they can all get too focused on their own game.
I noticed at Carlisle that Robles was even making sure that Jags efforts were always appreciated. Not great that it's the younger players showing the way here but good to see the spirit in Besic, Mori and Joel.

....he's looking a fine bit of business and the fact that he started last night is what he deserved. Saying that, I thought he was a bit disappointing. We could well do with his aerial ability at Stoke but RM might well be considering the return of Stones to partner Jagielka. Time will tell.

....he's looking a fine bit of business and the fact that he started last night is what he deserved. Saying that, I thought he was a bit disappointing. We could well do with his aerial ability at Stoke but RM might well be considering the return of Stones to partner Jagielka. Time will tell.
Stones is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back