Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a fan of the lad for sure, but thought he was bordering terrible tonight. Let's Just hope it is one bad game.

Yep I thought the same tbh, thought he was slack but as mentioned I think we have to expect the odd game like that and on the whole he's looked decent.

I don't think we've actually had 2 centre backs fit and in form together yet this season lol

Think Mori just tends to have a shaky 15/20 minutes that he makes all of his mistakes in. Usually they come at the start of the game and he has a really good one from then on in.

Today, bar that missed clearance in the first half, he had his shaky spell from around 60-75 when Newcastle got their chances.
think he gets a bit shaken by the odd incident and takes time to compose himself. it is a big step up for him so it is worrying but can see him overcoming this and being a class act for us. I didn't really expect him to be playing this regularly yet. never going to have Stone's potential but that's hardly a big criticism

Stones potential is not set in (ahem) Stone, Rodwell was getting the very same praise thrust upon him in his early years, Glides on grass, composed, confident, arrogant, self assured..........Sunderland.
Mori Imo shows more balls, wears his footballing prowess on his sleeve....what you see is what you get. Would rather him in front of the keeper than a one day Engerland captain still in his toddler stage.
Prefer honest mistakes rather than cocky ones.

think he gets a bit shaken by the odd incident and takes time to compose himself. it is a big step up for him so it is worrying but can see him overcoming this and being a class act for us. I didn't really expect him to be playing this regularly yet. never going to have Stone's potential but that's hardly a big criticism
Genuinely think he looks more confident when Besic is on the pitch, as Mo tries to pump everyone up and always praises and reassures players around him if they make a mistake (he ran back half the pitch to pump Stones up after his turns in our own box, or around that time anyway). Important to have players like that on the pitch with you really.

CaUoX56WEAA44YE.webp

Weird the way he seems to swing at high balls (and often fresh air shot them) with his right foot when he could hook them away with his left just as easily.

He was fine.

Too many bad clearances, too many passes to opposition and too many times he fails to clear that ball over his shoulder, just kicks fresh air.

I know we like him and all that, but he has not been at his best and is not immune from criticism. If it had been jags or stones or especially Alcaraz or Distin (players we turned on) with those errors these last 3-4 games they would have been hammered for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back