Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say it every time that I really like Mori, and think he's great.

But I also state that he is really sloppy at times, and that's true. He was by no means bad tonight, but he made more mistakes than, for example, Stones did against Swansea. But he won't get anywhere near the level of criticism.

Now, I don't want to see him get that criticism, just asking people to not be so quick to jump the gun on Stones as well.
:zzz:

If we aren't conceding as many with stones out the side then he has to stay out. Simple.

Mori could have cost us two goals tonight had Newcastle being able to finish.

Even if Stones had made the same mistakes, with the same outcome (no goals), he would have been hammered for them and peopel would be saying he's had a poor game.

One of the best we've had at this club in 25 years. Fact.

You'd have been one of the first to slate Stones had he made the two mistakes Mori had tonight. You'd have been saying he'd had a terrible game. Just suggesting parity...

Mori is a good player. I don't think he's as good as Stones but I had no issue with Mori starting tonight. I'd have no real issue if Mori started on Saturday either. Just asking for a bit of consistency.

You'd have been one of the first to slate Stones had he made the two mistakes Mori had tonight. You'd have been saying he'd had a terrible game. Just suggesting parity...

Mori is a good player. I don't think he's as good as Stones but I had no issue with Mori starting tonight. I'd have no real issue if Mori started on Saturday either. Just asking for a bit of consistency.
As defenders Mori > stones, as ball players stones > mori. We need defender at the mo

Without diverting this into a conversation about Stones, I think the difference is that Funes Mori's mistakes come when he is trying to defend, which is what his purpose in the team is.

I see what you mean mate but he (Mori) gave the ball away 3 or 4 times coming out of defence tonight mate.

We've also conceded the same amount of goals this season from him playing it out of the back (1 - away at WBA) as we have with Stones (1 - home to Swansea).

I really like him. Think he's been great for us and I don't think he had a bad game tonight, but people should at least be fair with their criticism.

spot on, some objectivity needed from our fans, mainly the fat older ones, the dinosaurs, ie the park end

Mori could have cost us two goals tonight had Newcastle being able to finish.

Even if Stones had made the same mistakes, with the same outcome (no goals), he would have been hammered for them and peopel would be saying he's had a poor game.

One of the best we've had at this club in 25 years. Fact.
I'm not convinced with Mori, may sound a bit harsh, I know he's only been here 6 months.
He's comfortable in possession and when he's bringing the ball out, he's competitive good in the air. Even though mitrovic won a few headers when he came on.

But I just think he made some weak clearances tonight, which could have put us in trouble. He seem to get his position or body shape wrong, and it looks like sometimes he's using the wrong foot

definitely looked nervous again tonight but think we are just going to have to get used to him and Stones being up and down for awhile. Nearly all our best centre halves took time to settle. In fact I can't think of one that looked the part straight away and definitely not one as young as Stones and as new to the prem as Mori.

I'm not convinced with Mori, may sound a bit harsh, I know he's only been here 6 months.
He's comfortable in possession and when he's bringing the ball out, he's competitive good in the air. Even though mitrovic won a few headers when he came on.

But I just think he made some weak clearances tonight, which could have put us in trouble. He seem to get his position or body shape wrong, and it looks like sometimes he's using the wrong foot
Statistically been our 3rd best player this season

I'd say he is confident in possession but is liable to more mistakes on the ball than Stones. He's got a good leap on him but sometimes his positional sense lets him down.

Think he's a very capable player and I'm glad we've got him, but if it came down to a choice between him or Stones then i'd go Stones every day.

definitely looked nervous again tonight but think we are just going to have to get used to him and Stones being up and down for awhile. Nearly all our best centre halves took time to settle. In fact I can't think of one that looked the part straight away and definitely not one as young as Stones and as new to the prem as Mori.

Think Mori just tends to have a shaky 15/20 minutes that he makes all of his mistakes in. Usually they come at the start of the game and he has a really good one from then on in.

Today, bar that missed clearance in the first half, he had his shaky spell from around 60-75 when Newcastle got their chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back