Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reaction from the Argentina squad on hearing Funes Mori is starting.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FDr.-Who.gif

Pennington and Browning should be fit soon, they can be the future for us in that situation, meanwhile Team Buddy Cop can be our first choices while they develop

Wish Rammy well in his future endeavours in January, make a cheeky profit on him from an Italian or Spanish team, and then drive a truck full of money down to Southampton and just keep piling bags of laundered Fifty Pound notes on their doorstep until they relent and let us take Virgil Van Dijk back with us

Rotate Jags, Virgil and Williams when required, keep developing Penno and Browners, Funes Mori gets to strut his stuff in a League more suited to his style of play, everybody's happy ;)

I'd be worried about this if it weren't for the fact he basically isn't that good

Playing for Argentina means we could probably make money on him at the moment and I'd back Walsh to be able to buy someone for less money who is a better defender.
So, how much can we get for a player who basically, isn't that good?

I love how Mori is seemingly a clown now and the worst defender ever.

He's alright! he may not be a better option than Jagielka and Williams (2 international defenders in their own right) but that doesn't make him rubbish either.

He has a rick in him, he also has some very good attributes. Its typical of modern football fans really though. He is either garbage or fantastic.

Cant he just be alright?

So, how much can we get for a player who basically, isn't that good?

Good question

I don't know - but the fact he is in the Argentina team currently helps our position

RFM would be great if it weren't for the fact that the most fundamental part of his job, defending, is the part he seems to struggle with. How a player who is so dangerous in the air in the opposition box can be so poor in our own box baffles me.

He's not useless or anything, we've had far worse defenders than him in the past, he's ok and I'd be happy enough with him as a squad player but he wants games and he is not a better defender than Jags or Williams on the evidence of the last 12 months, so if he thinks he needs to leave it might be best for all concerned.

Good question

I don't know - but the fact he is in the Argentina team currently helps our position

RFM would be great if it weren't for the fact that the most fundamental part of his job, defending, is the part he seems to struggle with. How a player who is so dangerous in the air in the opposition box can be so poor in our own box baffles me.

He's not useless or anything, we've had far worse defenders than him in the past, he's ok and I'd be happy enough with him as a squad player but he wants games and he is not a better defender than Jags or Williams on the evidence of the last 12 months, so if he thinks he needs to leave it might be best for all concerned.

Yeah if he wants to leave then fine. If he is happy to stay then brilliant as there are plenty worse back up defenders than him around. We will need him at some point this season.

Even if Ramiro hadn't "fouled" Guerrero, he would have scored anyway because of Masche's great assist.

Anyhow keep scapegoating him, like that would reverse Everton's mediocrity.

I like him and he adds a much needed injection of snide into the team when he plays.

I like a lot about him

I like how he plays for the badge, is passionate, can bag a goal and will sometimes thump it into Row AA if needs be

I don't dislike him and I'll back him whenever he puts on that shirt, but maybe we should be exploiting the fact Koeman managed Southampton and get the player in we could have got if we'd just stumped up an extra 3 million?

That's all I'm saying. I'm sure there's clubs in Italy who would happily snatch up Funes Mori, and then we could get ourselves an upgrade, and right an historical wrong to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back