Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would Dier and Mustafi be now? About £40m for the pair?

That'd have been handy to have.
That's like the £47.5m we got for stones. Or what Coleman is worth, or the profit we made on Lescott or the Value for money Jagielka (at £4m) has provided, same with Baines at £6m. But hey, let's focus on the negative.

Oh and let's not start to think of the money Martinez wasted.

That's like the £47.5m we got for stones. Or what Coleman is worth, or the profit we made on Lescott or the Value for money Jagielka (at £4m) has provided, same with Baines at £6m. But hey, let's focus on the negative.

Oh and let's not start to think of the money Martinez wasted.
Wasted? How about the value he stuck on Stones by bringing him through at a rate he never would have under anyone else; the value now of Lukaku; the savings made the club on spending out for a quality cm by bringing in Barry for buttons; the money we could expect off Barkley - and RM turned him from a Leeds loanee to an established England international.

By any conservative reckoning Martinez has clocked up about a £100 profit for Everton (actualised or potential). I think that just about covers the cash "lost" over Niasse...which will be probably about £3m once he's eventually sold on.

Wasted? How about the value he stuck on Stones by bringing him through at a rate he never would have under anyone else; the value now of Lukaku; the savings made the club on spending out for a quality cm by bringing in Barry for buttons; the money we could expect off Barkley - and RM turned him from a Leeds loanee to an established England international.

By any conservative reckoning Martinez has clocked up about a £100 profit for Everton (actualised or potential). I think that just about covers the cash "lost" over Niasse...which will be probably about £3m once he's eventually sold on.
Where'd ya get £100m from? I'm looking forward to this, although I'm worried that you think that he was was the only manager who could of got a profit off a £3m stones, when you consider Moyes got 5 X what he paid for Lescott. Come on, let's hear it.

Where'd ya get £100m from? I'm looking forward to this, although I'm worried that you think that he was was the only manager who could of got a profit off a £3m stones, when you consider Moyes got 5 X what he paid for Lescott. Come on, let's hear it.
No where, Martinez only made us one hundred pounds...

I've just explained how. It's pretty simple. Look at the players he brought in and what you'd have had to pay for if they were like Barry and at his peak age for transfer, and ask yourself how much more than £27m Lukaku would cost now. And ask yourself if Stones would have got the chance to express himself let alone get in the team under Moyes and how that coaching heaped tens of millions on his value (ditto Barkley).

It's beyond doubt that Martinez purchased well. He inherited some decent players but it was an ageing squad with no real sell on value other than for Fellaini.

I've just explained how. It's pretty simple. Look at the players he brought in and what you'd have had to pay for if they were like Barry and at his peak age for transfer, and ask yourself how much more than £27m Lukaku would cost now. And ask yourself if Stones would have got the chance to express himself let alone get in the team under Moyes and how that coaching heaped tens of millions on his value (ditto Barkley).

It's beyond doubt that Martinez purchased well. He inherited some decent players but it was an ageing squad with no real sell on value other than for Fellaini.
Nope. No he didn't.

Brilliant.
It's too bigger issue to get into and it's too subjective. You nor me have no idea how Stones would of developed under Moyes or any other manager. You can suggest he wouldn't of, I can suggest he would of and the circle continues, outside of Lukaku I'm not sure we'd make a profit on any of his signings.

Martinez defo has an eye for a player but anyone could turn a profit on Stones, Barkley and Lukaku, they all had decent reputations before Martinez. I think in his first season Martinez improved Barkley ten-fold but he also certainly had an influence on Barkley's dip in form and lack of progression.

Martinez defo has an eye for a player but anyone could turn a profit on Stones, Barkley and Lukaku, they all had decent reputations before Martinez. I think in his first season Martinez improved Barkley ten-fold but he also certainly had an influence on Barkley's dip in form and lack of progression.
nope

Stones and Barkley were very raw. My point is that in three seasons he turned the pair into established England internationals of some repute. That was a feat that added in a very short period of time a massive amount of value for this club. As said, add in the minumum £30m profit we can expect for Lukaku and your easily talking about the thick end or more of £100m he's bought or coached in.

Is that the lad who is a the heart of the 2nd best defence in the league? The same church mouse who helped Martinez' Everton to 16 clean sheets in 13/14?

It's clear that if Martinez signed Jagielka and Mori was a Moyes/Koeman player your opinion would be somewhat different.

Haha, of course it would.

It's been blatantly obvious for months/years that he (pretend) hates players signed by Moyes and Koeman and (pretend) loves players signed by Martinez. Might be the odd exception if he just doesn't have time to (pretend) hate them all.

It's all about boosting the sites post count, not genuine discussion or opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back