Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question

I don't know - but the fact he is in the Argentina team currently helps our position

RFM would be great if it weren't for the fact that the most fundamental part of his job, defending, is the part he seems to struggle with. How a player who is so dangerous in the air in the opposition box can be so poor in our own box baffles me.

He's not useless or anything, we've had far worse defenders than him in the past, he's ok and I'd be happy enough with him as a squad player but he wants games and he is not a better defender than Jags or Williams on the evidence of the last 12 months, so if he thinks he needs to leave it might be best for all concerned.
Has he actually said or hinted that he wants to leave? If so, OK.

He's no Brian Labone, or even John Terry, but who can we replace him with who's clearly better and available.

Top CB's don't come cheap.

Let's stick with 2 players in their 30s and have no senior back up at all.

It's amazing, he was getting all the plaudits last season, then he's on the bench when two other CBs have the jerseys and do ok - then he should be sold.

What a black and white way of viewing things: he's in the team - keep him; he's out of the team - sell him.
Never rated him, always made me feel nervous when the ball went anywhere near him, 3 or 4 mistakes in him in every game, no composure on the ball and awful positional sense. Prefer the younger lads to be on the bench

He's sound as third-choice CB (for now).

Needs to improve but confident he will do. Jagielka and Williams is the partnership needed right now though.

...hold on...I spoke too soon...

postIt_tWolbosese3477.png
Is that bobbys shopping list from wigan

Wasted? How about the value he stuck on Stones by bringing him through at a rate he never would have under anyone else; the value now of Lukaku; the savings made the club on spending out for a quality cm by bringing in Barry for buttons; the money we could expect off Barkley - and RM turned him from a Leeds loanee to an established England international.

By any conservative reckoning Martinez has clocked up about a £100 profit for Everton (actualised or potential). I think that just about covers the cash "lost" over Niasse...which will be probably about £3m once he's eventually sold on.

- 5m a year for mgeady and niasse , for 4 years... alcaraz 1.5m a year for two years.... 13.5m on niasse.... 2.6m a year for cleverly for 4 years 5m and 2.6m a year for kone... not to mention our money lost through league position resulting from bag management... and let's not forget his 10m pay off and the 7m we paid saints to replace him.

Without league placing money that's 88m we have paid because of his crap management and judgement

- 5m a year for mgeady and niasse , for 4 years... alcaraz 1.5m a year for two years.... 13.5m on niasse.... 2.6m a year for cleverly for 4 years 5m and 2.6m a year for kone... not to mention our money lost through league position resulting from bag management... and let's not forget his 10m pay off and the 7m we paid saints to replace him.

Without league placing money that's 88m we have paid because of his crap management and judgement

The thing is both you and @davek have decent arguments here in regard to Bobbys time with us and possible profit/loss created, and I'd like to think the next posts might be something along the lines of....yeah fair enough.

However I expect more digging, spinning and nonsense from GOTs Primetime Ian and Dave Show.

Good morning Evertonians everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back