Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what? You have to pay wages to players. Apparently it's the rules.
Niasse - never a Martinez choice. I wont ever have that.
Cleverley - on a free and a good squad player - ask Koeman.
£10M pay off didn't happen.

Aside from that etc etc...
Are you now saying this because he's turned out to be horse guff?

Because...

From the other Niasse thread.

Martinez hasn't gotten too many wrong since being here. If he comes in I'd back him to be a success. Sounds like a Bolasie type @bluestevon ?

Imagine Jagielka stumbling about in an Argentina jersey hoofing the ball down field all night.

It's a joke to me that this lad is overlooked when he's a class above our church mouse in almost every single dimension of play.

Use him or lose him Koeman.

I dont know if he is currently better than Jagielka but he certainly has attributes that can be useful and he is still young enough to improve. I think we need to handle him carefully or he will want out at some point.

I dont know if he is currently better than Jagielka but he certainly has attributes that can be useful and he is still young enough to improve. I think we need to handle him carefully or he will want out at some point.
Inevitably he'll be gone. can you imagine the other players in that Argentina dressing room not telling him he can move here there and everywhere if he wishes?

He'll be gone if we dont play him. Relying on two veterans at CB is not a great plan.

Inevitably he'll be gone. can you imagine the other players in that Argentina dressing room not telling him he can move here there and everywhere if he wishes?

He'll be gone if we dont play him. Relying on two veterans at CB is not a great plan.

He's not playing because he's our third best centre back and we play with two at the back usually. It's a squad game - there'll be plenty of game time for him.

jagielka is better than mori, so is Williams until he cuts mistakes out his game and gets stronger he wont get in over him actually think our defence has been good this year

He's not playing because he's our third best centre back and we play with two at the back usually. It's a squad game - there'll be plenty of game time for him.
Not in my opinion. We have two old fashioned bread and butter CBs in the team and we need a much better blend than that. Whether RFM is the long term solution in that respect, I dont know. He's young and capable of playing a bit and he can get a goal or two.

If you look at what Koeman had at S'ton he went for a stopper like Fonte and more of a technician like VVD. I doubt he'll be too impressed with the distribution out the back so far and will want to retain the ball a bit more. His priority now is shoring up a defence. That will change.

Not in my opinion. We have two old fashioned bread and butter CBs in the team and we need a much better blend than that. Whether RFM is the long term solution in that respect, I dont know. He's young and capable of playing a bit and he can get a goal or two.

If you look at what Koeman had at S'ton he went for a stopper like Fonte and more of a technician like VVD. I doubt he'll be too impressed with the distribution out the back so far and will want to retain the ball a bit more. His priority now is shoring up a defence. That will change.

I do wonder if we will go to 3 at the back any time soon? Barkly isn't nailing a place down, certainly not in a deeper midfield role. When the fixtures turn more tricky I suspect we may make the switch to another defender at the back and it will probably suit us quite well. Mori in a back 3 blends quite nicely and especially with the new rules in the box for grappling will be a real handful. If he got a run I could easily see him getting to 7 or 8 goals.

I do wonder if we will go to 3 at the back any time soon? Barkly isn't nailing a place down, certainly not in a deeper midfield role. When the fixtures turn more tricky I suspect we may make the switch to another defender at the back and it will probably suit us quite well. Mori in a back 3 blends quite nicely and especially with the new rules in the box for grappling will be a real handful. If he got a run I could easily see him getting to 7 or 8 goals.
For me, Williams is the only one of the back four who would automatically get on the starting sheet without having to think about it.

We need a reboot of our defence either this season or next. Promote the younger players and we can play a pressing game much higher up the pitch, as Baines and Williams especially will be caught out for pace as it is. It's just evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back