Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of our fans are . ..! one game and everybody is better than Jags , one game for Rom without a goal we should sell him , Stekelenburg against Chelsea hailed as the new Southall one week later we need better. sometimes it is so hard to think that we all support the same club

Last edited:
I thought he was the weakest of the back 4, he got skinned by Lanzini too easy in the first half which nearly lead to a goal (after colemans misskick). He was then ball watching in the second half when the runner went straight past him and if it wasn't for Oviedo's last second tackle it would have been a clear chance. Two of the four big chances West Ham had were because of Mori. That said I think he just needs a few games under his belt and playing with Williams will help him develop. He is great in the air, he reminds me of Tim Cahill the way he gets up so early and is above everyone else.

Some of our fans are . ..! one game and everybody is better than Jags , one game for Rom without a goal we should sell him , Stekelenburg against Chelsea hailed as the new Southall one week later we need better. sometimes it is so hard to think that we all support the same club

I think it just seems that way because everyone on here pretty much looks alike (that is, like a square that may or may not have a picture in it). But I don't think anyone is running around saying the opposite of what they said the week before, it's just people having different opinions. No surprise that, for example, more of the anti-Stek crowd will post if he has a bad game, while they'll be quieter if he has a good one.

Really I think it's the other side of the coin that's more common on this board: people who never change their opinion despite all evidence to the contrary.

Didn't make too many mistakes, but didn't set the world alight either

Hopefully Jags is restored for Chelsea

Funes Mori is a red card waiting to happen up against Diego Costa

He makes me nervous. Jags had a stinker last week at Burnley, but I feel more secure when he's in the team, particularly alongside Williams.

West Ham had 3 or 4 good chances yesterday and I'd blame RFM for two of them. Williams, TBF, was to blame for another.

I'd still rather sell him and get someone in who makes me feel less like I'm watching a Martinez defence.

He makes me nervous. Jags had a stinker last week at Burnley, but I feel more secure when he's in the team, particularly alongside Williams.

West Ham had 3 or 4 good chances yesterday and I'd blame RFM for two of them. Williams, TBF, was to blame for another.

I'd still rather sell him and get someone in who makes me feel less like I'm watching a Martinez defence.

Don't think he did anything wrong tbh. Some of his passes are a bit wayward, but we know he can't pass, neither can Jagielka tbh.

Don't think he did anything wrong tbh. Some of his passes are a bit wayward, but we know he can't pass, neither can Jagielka tbh.

I think the worrying part about Mori is that he thinks he can pass....

Agreed he was fine yesterday. Mori is by no means the complete defender but he does have some good attributes that I reckon he is worth persisting with.

On paper Koeman should be the perfect man to iron out his flaws and focus on his strengths.

Lanzini skinned him in the box which led to a situation they could have scored from. He also switched off and let a runner go behind him where Oviedo had to get across and get a brilliant block in.

He isn't terrible, he just makes me feel a bit nervous.

I think he's a good player, but he is clearly behind Jagielka and Williams in the pecking order. He is obviously not happy with that and it wouldn't surprise me if he moved to Italy or Spain in January, he was interviewed in the international break about it and basically said that if he doesn't play then his international place could be in jeopardy. It wouldn't bother me if he left, as long as we brought someone else in. I guess the argument from some for keeping him will be that Jags is 34, but I kind of expect him to play till he is about 40.

he did okay yesterday.

the entire team looked crap for the first half an hour but once everybody settled, we did fine and restricted West Ham well.

Interesting now whether he plays vs Chelsea.

If he does, it'll be because we've switched to a 3 IMO. Jags will definitely start.

Was OK but as he hasnt started a game in ages it was better than I expected. I hope we can hold onto him, he is Argentina's regular CB and JAgs will only go downhill from this point on. If Mori doenst play he will leave for his international career.

Considering age, and lack of experienced centre backs, I think he's worth holding on to. As another poster said before me, squad game.

If we were going to sell, I'd want a replacement in before he was sold, not after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back