Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ramiro Funes Mori

Will he get a work permit and play for us ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
every defender is prone to mistakes, show me one that isn't? Mori makes them maybe more than some but hes a very good player, hes also first choice centre back for one of the top 3 international teams in the world, I think that qualifies him as good enough for our team too personally.
Our form has improved a lot since he made the starting 11, he also chips in with more goals than the average CB

Argentina are in major trouble defensively as Otamendi, Funes Mori and Mascherano seriously lack pace.

Even Venezuela's attack ripped them to pieces. Peru and Ecuador too.

Iirc I saw the donkey Dimichelis playing a few months ago.

Being a first choice centre half for Argentina ain't the currency it used to be.

Watching him play, reminds me of a young Jags.

Proper old skool British centre half.

There's better out there and we should be aiming our sights higher imo.

He also looks a bit like " Tom " from Father Ted - the lad with the mono brow, " I shot JR "T shirt and a shotgun.

Hasn't got the pace, constantly caught under the ball and constantly caught out of position.

I've honestly no idea how he's like an old fashioned British centre half. Unless that centre half is Paul McShane

Hasn't got the pace, constantly caught under the ball and constantly caught out of position.

I've honestly no idea how he's like an old fashioned British centre half. Unless that centre half is Paul McShane

Britain is the place that Irish exports pass through on the way to the rest of Europe.

I get what your saying but I wouldn't call Seamus British any time soon.

Let's agree on Dean Delaney as the typical British centre half. Or Richard Dunne.

God, I've done it again!!!

I don't mind Funes Mori, but I just don't think he's of sufficient quality to help us get to the next level. He's wholehearted enough and weighs in with a goal threat at corners etc. But, he's prone to a howler too and will cost us. If we're happy to be in 6th to 9th place then he's probably ok. Top 4 quality? Not so sure to be honest.

he's definitely good enough to be a squad player. We'll buy a starting centre back to partner williams in the summer, maybe even two. But funes mori doesn't look to be a player overawed by occasions and that's sometimes more useful than talent. We're looking at having a good squad and need a fair few additions in the summer. We're probably going to be letting about 7/8 first teamers go in the summer already, to add to oviedo and gibson just gone. We don't need to be going around selling our current first XI players as well. Jags is finished it seems, we're not going to sell mori as well and go out and buy three or possibly four centre backs, that'd be stupid.

Played well at times since our good run has started, but we really need someone top quality in for him. VVD please Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back