Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
..ironic that we bring in a left sided centre back just as a left sided centre back returns to fitness. Makes me wonder about the bloke who’s running all of this.

Well mate that is what I was looking at but Joleon disagrees and thinks we have done well to get the Manc guy on loan. If that was the case why was it left until the last day? Were we looking at any one else I wonder. TBH the window was a bit of a shambles.

Funny thing is, after the Palace game (gonna class that as too soon for Mori) we'll have two international left-footed defenders who've both played left back numerous times in their careers, and they'll both be playing backup to our third choice right back whose guaranteed a start every week at left back. Classic Allardyce!

Kenny 20
Davies 19
Calvert Lewin 20
Holgate 21

All have had considerable playing time under Allardyce. Maybe not every game but not many teens get to play every game. That's nearly half a team. Vlasic has played as much as he was under Koeman and Unsworth really as well.

Allardyce can be called a lot of things (and does..) but I don't think he is not keen on young players.

Not consistent though keeps dropping them, look at Gunners game complete change round from the team against Leicester. That is the problem with him, look at the biz about Lookman, bad do IMO but BFS prefers Bolasie!!!!!!!!!

Well mate that is what I was looking at but Joleon disagrees and thinks we have done well to get the Manc guy on loan. If that was the case why was it left until the last day? Were we looking at any one else I wonder. TBH the window was a bit of a shambles.
Like every other transfer window that Walsh has been involved in.

..ironic that we bring in a left sided centre back just as a left sided centre back returns to fitness. Makes me wonder about the bloke who’s running all of this.

That's our transfer policy to a tee.

That being said, I've never minded RFM. He's not world class, but if he can come back fully fit, I'd have him just so that we can concentrate on other areas in the summer (left back, striker, left winger, etc)

..from what I understand Mangala only became available late in the window. I don’t mind so much if the acquisition is better than we have but I haven’t heard that we have an option to buy.

..from what I understand Mangala only became available late in the window. I don’t mind so much if the acquisition is better than we have but I haven’t heard that we have an option to buy.

Not been hinted at all. But the price Manc paid for him, abit OTT I think for us cos they would want a bit extra, I bet.

Mind could well need him if we finally decide to dispose of Jags and William. (wish list)

..we can but we’ve already got Centre backs aplenty, especially if you add in the likes of Pennington and Browning. The squad is really unbalanced in certain areas and needs weeding out.
Drain the fo'kin swamp!

Mori makes Mangala look like Franco Baresi.
He'll play the last few games of the season for us to put him in the window; go to the world cup as an automatic starter for Argentina and have a great tournament; be sold to a top European club.

He is a much much better CB than fickle fans of this club give him credit for. He is way better than any of our dogs at CB. At a club that plays out and plays high up the pitch he'd excel.

He'll play the last few games of the season for us to put him in the window; go to the world cup as an automatic starter for Argentina and have a great tournament; be sold to a top European club.

He is a much much better CB than fickle fans of this club give him credit for. He is way better than any of our dogs at CB. At a club that plays out and plays high up the pitch he'd excel.
I'm with Dave on this one, much better player than people give him credit for. I think Him and Holate/Keane would be a good CB partnership

..he genuinely attacks the ball in the air which also makes him a threat in the opposition box.

I'm with Dave on this one, much better player than people give him credit for. I think Him and Holate/Keane would be a good CB partnership
I as well, I believe we had our best results with him playing. (Would have to go back and check). My biggest fear with him and Keane is lack of pace. He is clearly our best CD in the air and seems the only one able to attack set pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back