Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford

Coleman - Holgate - Funes Mori - Baines

Gueye - Rooney - Davies
Walcott-------------------------Sigurdsson

Tosun

NEA, that's a very good team if we can get the chemistry sorted.

Replace Tosun with Niasse (don't know what he's done to lose his place to Tosun who hasn't even scored a goal yet) and that is out best 11.

Edit: I'm also skeptical about replacing Martin with Baines, he's gone down hill rapidly and isn't half the player he was.

This guy is fine. And no not just because his injured, I always liked him before anyways. Needs to partner a ball playing centre half, and not a statue though.

His reputation has flowered during his absence .
I can recall plenty of criticism of him when he was a regular.

What Everton players don't get criticised? We are a harsh bunch of supporters that have criticised some of our great players since I have been an Evertonian. Ratcliffe, Reid, Lineker, Sheedy, Watson, Latchford just to mention a few. If a player is not on the top of his game at all times then the criticism is in full flow regardless of what they have achieved or done for us. Woe betide any player that doesn't perform brilliantly at all times.

He is a decent centre back no better no worse. I would ideally like to see us buy 2 new first choice centre backs in the summer and keep Mori, Keane and Holgate as back up. If we only get one centre back it wouldn't be the end of the world if the 3 of them were competing to partner the new player. He will definitely be an upgrade on Williams and Jagielka.

Cwoar, there's a lot of high hopes in this thread. Even assuming the stance that Mori is boss / decent is correct, he's coming back from a bad injury. Like Coleman and Bolassie. I think it is fair to say both are not up to speed. So I hardly expect Mori to return seamlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back