Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me laugh that some people see British nationalists and other nationalists in completely different lights. If a British player tweeted something equivalent to that everyone would have them down as a bad tory. When a foreign player does it it's the people who don't like it who get called bad tories. Weird. I don't go in for nationalism at all so I just struggle to my head round it personally.

Anyway, I have to agree that this came across a bit like a come and get me plea and I can't say i'll shed any tears if he moves on. Decent defender but no more than that, not exactly irreplaceable.

Fans on a different forum coming out with this: There are a lot of serving and ex-service men and women who follow Everton and if this tweet is true then in my opinion Fumes Mori can pi55 off back to Argentina right now.

Some of our fans make me so sad.

Looks like he wants out in the summer

He won't be missed

Not for his political views I should add, but more because he's a rubbish footballer. Couldn't care less what his view on The Falklands are, that's his business. The fact he's utter mince is of far more concern to me

Have I missed something?

Bit of a non story really.

The big media outlets haven't really picked up on it, probably because he's an insignificant myth of a footballer.

Fans on a different forum coming out with this: There are a lot of serving and ex-service men and women who follow Everton and if this tweet is true then in my opinion Fumes Mori can pi55 off back to Argentina right now.

Some of our fans make me so sad.

If Joe Bloggs was playing for Boca Juniors and he came out on Twitter with "Screw the Argies - the Falklands are ours!" then he'd get a similar reaction like.

It's nationalism, and sadly totally understandable. I personally don't care, others will. It both is and isn't a surprise he said it - it isn't because he's Argentinian but it is because he should have had professional nous and understood where he works.

But he's braindead on the pitch so I'm not surprised he's braindead off it.

If Joe Bloggs was playing for Boca Juniors and he came out on Twitter with "Screw the Argies - the Falklands are ours!" then he'd get a similar reaction like.

It's nationalism, and sadly totally understandable. I personally don't care, others will. It both is and isn't a surprise he said it - it isn't because he's Argentinian but it is because he should have had professional nous and understood where he works.

But he's braindead on the pitch so I'm not surprised he's braindead off it.

Calling for a player to leave cos he is nationalistic is crazy. Perhaps if more English players were so proud we they would fair better in tournaments.

Miles better than any other central defender we've got, so let's all chastise him and chase him off shall we?

Jagielka and Williams next season lads, don't forget that.

It makes me laugh that some people see British nationalists and other nationalists in completely different lights. If a British player tweeted something equivalent to that everyone would have them down as a bad tory. When a foreign player does it it's the people who don't like it who get called bad tories. Weird. I don't go in for nationalism at all so I just struggle to my head round it personally.

Anyway, I have to agree that this came across a bit like a come and get me plea and I can't say i'll shed any tears if he moves on. Decent defender but no more than that, not exactly irreplaceable.

I don't agree with nationalism personally, but if someone else does, that is their choice. If Raheem sterling came out with some pro-gibraltar tweet would it really be the end of the world?

Calling for a player to leave cos he is nationalistic is crazy. Perhaps if more English players were so proud we they would fair better in tournaments.

Yeh singing the national anthem at full pelt is all England have been lacking for 50 odd years

I don't agree with nationalism personally, but if someone else does, that is their choice. If Raheem sterling came out with some pro-gibraltar tweet would it really be the end of the world?
I'm not saying it's the end of the world. I personally couldn't care less what he says, i'm just pointing out that I find it bizarre the way people view nationalism in other countries as totally different to nationalism here. As an aside, it's also someone's choice if they want to be racist, homophobic, or sexist and i'm not a massive fan of those either...

For those who can’t be arsed trying to work out what the last couple of breathless pages of boring political cock waving is about

JS147860389.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back