Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Ramiro Funes Mori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only £40k? I’m glad you’re not doing our accounts!

He’s 4th choice CB as it is, that’s before we bring in a 1st choice (& hopefully 2) CB.

He never was or ever will be good enough, so I’d say £1k a week was too much. COYB!!!!!
if Mori leaves on 40k a week, and another cb comes in for 60k a week, then the wage bill is going up not down.

Exactly how it works actually. The contract is amortised over the period and any fee above book value would result in a profit. The normal fan, me included, only see a profit if it's above cost but that wouldn't be the accounting practice.

It doesn’t really change the fact that we should be trying to sell our players for as much as possible though. I don’t really care if selling him for £5m would show a profit on our books. It would be a bad deal no matter what it shows on the accounts. Selling for £10m+ would show a bigger profit and give us extra to spend on others.
In my opinion people get too tied up in FFP

I think the idea is that we ship out Williams as well who must be on £50k+ a week. New signing comes in at lower wages than the 2 combined.
Highly doubt Williams will take a wage drop and your not going to get a decent on low wages.
The data clubs now have on players in this day and age means they can see how good a player is on paper. It's unlikely to find a gem of a player with rubbish stats. That may have worked in Moyes era but doubt it will work now.

60k for a quality player who improves the team Vs 40k for a championship standard bench warmer, who’s never fit. It’s not difficult.

McCarthy, Mirallas, Williams, Besic next please.
But brands and Silva have bought in to balance the books anything to else is a bonus. The wage bill will go down not up

I liked Mori to be honest. At times he looked great. Just a shame he came across as a bit of an idiot and had more than his share of mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back