Rate the Window

How did the recruitment team do

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right wing is that what worries me, but did alright given the finances. LB back ups could have been addressed.

Harrison wouldn't be my pick, surely u could get someone hard-working and fast for a fit of fee and lower wages, as he is apparantly on 90k a week. Broja probably either.

Rest of signings I am fine with it.

Got rid of Maupay and Holgate that were superflue, could sell Godfrey. Keane unfortunately not.
I dont think the LB berth is such an issue, bearing in mind that Young is meant to be the back up there. At RB however, he is currently back up to Seamus and Patterson. So our oldest player is currently back up to our second olderst plus our most injury prone.

I dont think the LB berth is such an issue, bearing in mind that Young is meant to be the back up there. At RB however, he is currently back up to Seamus and Patterson. So our oldest player is currently back up to our second olderst plus our most injury prone.
Yeah, I get your point, but Dixon looks promising, so there are 4 people that could possibly play this postion. I don't see him as talented as Branthwaite but as a player that can become a prem starter.

We needed a lot of positions to cover. CM; Wing, CB, 10, LB...

It hasn't been perfect, but alright.

I gave it a 7, but shouldve been a 6. Our fullback situation is still grotesque, and needed reinforcing more than any other position on the pitch.

How this bunch of con artists get a platform on Sky is an utter mystery. Rated our transfer window a D (lower than Liverpool who they gave a C :lol:) and literally never even discussed ANY of the signings that improve the squad or the fact that we, quite comfortably, held onto Branthwaite when the media tried all that they could to sell him..

'Club is a mess - D!'

Not. A. Clue.

Very happy with the window. Given we made about £20m and reduced the wage bill. Would have liked a fast winger and a right back. Hopefully Dixon can step into the void

We were never going to sort everything out with such a limited budget. Keeping Branthwaite was the biggest bonus.

Team looks set up for a 4-3-2-1 formation with Ndiaye and Lindstrom

Except we haven’t made £20m as we have to pay for Beto and Chermiti… which is often conveniently forgotten about.

Solid 5 from me.

New owner by January might open the door a little further

We have to put it into context

They had to try and improve the squad but also reverse heavy losses of the past and make sure that we claw back into a more healthy FFP position.

That meant (& we all knew this) that one of JB, JP or AO had to be sold and the bulk of the money, not spent.

I think in Onana they made the right decision, it’s the least impact on the squad.

Of all of the other players that left, none of them contributed positively last season, most barely played at all and those that did were a liability.

So on sales it’s got to be considered a big success.

It’s more difficult to judge the impact of what we brought in but man to man against those that left it looks like improvement to me.

Yes there are key positions and problems that remain but it was never going to be an easy one.

Not bad, far from perfect but with our finances and ownership issues how could it be.

I can't give the window too high a mark as there are too many players here that ideally should have been punted or cashed in on whilst possible, and problem areas like full back don't seem to be addressed.

Hopefully we have done enough. 5-6, and I think that this is probably about as good as we could realistically expected.

I settled on a 6 because I am not sure we prioritised our biggest need (team pace) highly enough but we probably achieved more than I expected at the start of the window and I like the permanent buys in terms of age, profile and fit within the squad this year and beyond. The guys on loan will determine our season. We need two to make significant contributions.

See what todays brings and he sticks with the same team as Brighton apart from the full back and we have to wait till 70 minutes before he takes Dcl off for Beto

4.5 lost our best midfielder, didn't address a single one of the glaring squad needs but at least kept hold of Branners
We got £50M for him rather than lost him and Iroegbunam is, up to now, playing very well and with Malanga coming in think the midfield has been strengthened, Dominic is still here up front with Broja a mostly no risk signing to bulk up the strikers, for a club in the absolute mess we are in I gave Thelwell an 8 doing plenty with his hands tied behind his back with the lack of readies.

6 for me. Badly badly needed some pace in signings and that's the big let down. If we had one wide player with pace I think it would have jumped to 8 or even 9 with our limited funds.

Jake o brien will be a bargain and hopefully help us not having to see keane getting game time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back