Rate the Window

How did the recruitment team do

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm going to upgrade from 6 to 7 after Broja's signing just because it's always fun to get a last min deal done.

I'm prepared to downgrade my score depending on how much rage todays game brings though.

6 but maybe that is too high.

We have done more business than I anticipated.

We have only lost 1 decent player - Onana - and specifically kept hold of Branthwaite.

We managed to shift some dead weight , Godfrey, Holgate, Dobbin and Maupay and even got fees for 3 of them. Disappointed that we didn't sell Doucoure and DCL.

I like Ndayie, O'Brien and Tim.

Mangala I think will turn out to be decent signing too.

Lindstrom , Harrison and Broja , meh.

There are still big holes in the team and squad - RB , cover at LB , a pacy winger and a quality CF.

Kopite Kev's job must be very difficult though - no budget and a constant battle with Dyche.

I think Dyche and Thelwell have done alright.

Gutted over Minteh because he looks very good but we have mostly sorted out the squads weaknesses plus Tim looks amazing so a great signing so far.

This season is about stability - we need to just get those wins on the board quickly and make for a comfortable end of year to help us plan for Bramley Moore and recruit quickly before the summer window closes.

Next season we will be likely to lose:

DCL
Keane
Young
Coleman
Gueye
Doucoure
Virginia
Begovic

Plus all the loans go back:

Harrison
Lindstrom
Mangala
Broja

That leaves us with a squad of 12 players which includes the golden goose, Branthwaite so for PSR/FFP reasons may likely be sold.

So this decent squad is going to be ripped apart and we start this chaos ALL over again.

….i’m sitting on the fence, I liked players we were linked with more than the ones we signed. A relief Branthwaite remains and I’m very encouraged Thelwell didn’t go for Gnonto. Would’ve liked Nuamah but hey ho.

The last ‘crocked’ CF we signed was Andy Gray, so good luck to Broja.

Last edited:
7 for me.
A lot of people not counting retaining Branthwaite which is massive for me.

Everyone is crying out for pace but between Ndiaye, Lindstrom and Broja, they are much quicker than we've had for a while, and all of them can beat a man.

Irregbunum has been a surprise package, we did really well to basically get him plus 40 mil for Onana.

We'll have to wait and see what O'Brien is like but competition at CB, a threat from set pieces and another player keeping Keane out of the side.

The negatives are the full back spots, another year of Young as a utility man. Really hoping Patterson or Dixon step up at some as with our limited funds, it always feels like there is always a more pressing need and it never gets addressed. The other negative is DCL, really should have got a fee for him.

We need pace out wide,this must be a priority in January. I know we have tried but there are wingers all over the world, can't watch MC Slow and Harrison for another season. Hopefully a new manager will sort it.

It’s basically an N/A for me because I have no idea what anyone is doing. Are we recruiting for Dyche? Recruiting for the guy we want when we get the chance to sack Dyche? Recruiting for the hell of it?

It’s just so hard to say, the only saving grace is we seem to not have thrown money away on older, proven to be bad players. So I guess it’s high marks on that.

I think we are signing players who can fit Dyche's system but could easily adapt to others. Which is wise imo.

6. Think the squad is better than the one that ended last season and we've probably made money.

Extending Coleman and young was a mistake and with their wages we could have got a bang average full back in - which would have been an improvement.

Kev also has a habit of 'nearly' getting the exact type of player we need; kudus, Gnonto, minteh etc but not finding a viable alternative.

Made money off dross and didn't weaken the squad.

That squad doesn't get relegated which is the main aim.

Whether it has quality or improved is a matter of time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back